Value Of Matches - Average

After reading the thread on the £10,000 offer for the dog it got me thinking about the value of matches.

What sort of money would the guys run for?

Was there a minimum wager or is there an average? I take it it needs to be a decent value to make it worth the traveling etc.

I have never owned a match dog but would love to have one I felt was good enough to have a wager on.

I have a pup from CN at the moment that is going to be puerley a day dog and I am hoping she is good enough that I can have a few matches with her but only time will tell.

Whats the biggest sum of money you have herd has been run for?

Must be really exiting to be involved in but I can imagine my wifes face if I told her I lost £1000 because the dog didn't win ha ha.

Cheers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

im happy to run for diesel money with the pals i go out with 3-0 white wash yesturday lol cheers boytie n butter bean , to much hassle running others you hardly know and most end up squabling . keep

Jeeps they must have some rubbish ta losse 3-0 to you Shaun!!!!!!

IN THIS DAY.N.AGE IF I WAS EVEN THINKING ABOUT TAKING A MATCH LIKE THAT ID BE GOING TEAM HANDED .ALL THAT CASH AND TOP DOGS ABOUT RECIPE FOR A ROBBERY.ID BE VERY CAREFULL.

After reading the thread on the £10,000 offer for the dog it got me thinking about the value of matches.

What sort of money would the guys run for?

Was there a minimum wager or is there an average? I take it it needs to be a decent value to make it worth the traveling etc.

I have never owned a match dog but would love to have one I felt was good enough to have a wager on.

I have a pup from CN at the moment that is going to be puerley a day dog and I am hoping she is good enough that I can have a few matches with her but only time will tell.

Whats the biggest sum of money you have herd has been run for?

Must be really exiting to be involved in but I can imagine my wifes face if I told her I lost £1000 because the dog didn't win ha ha.

Cheers

Good question mate,Alot are saying run for cash put i up for stud.How mutch cash can you expect to make.Expect some big ego awnsers.:thumbs:

On the £10,000 dog thread the fella as been offered match for no less then £3,000 best 3 so if you have bitch like foxy witch had 64 unbeaten and you run no less then £3,000 you be up a few pound

That's what got me thinking. Even if it was £500 a time thats crazy money to win from a dog. Must be great.

I supose it is like any betting though, great when you win but murder when you loose.

my uncles have won and lost thousands through matching and sometimes there motors and trailers . . . but this was before the ban and like they say things are alot harder these day.i must admit id have to have alot of confidence in a dog to put the amount of money at stake they do.

IN THIS DAY.N.AGE IF I WAS EVEN THINKING ABOUT TAKING A MATCH LIKE THAT ID BE GOING TEAM HANDED .ALL THAT CASH AND TOP DOGS ABOUT RECIPE FOR A ROBBERY.ID BE VERY CAREFULL.:thumbs:

Was thinking that.

Is all fine if all fair sports but can imagine could turn nasty and huge fall outs.

ALRIGHT MATE BACK IN THE 90S WE USED TO RUN 100 QUID A HARE.

I HAVE ALSO SEEN BOYS DOING A GRAND A HARE .TO STEEP FOR ME THOUGH NEVER BEEN RICH ENOUGH.

I KNOW THE GADJYS RUN CRAZY CASH SOMETIMES 10K PLUS/CARS/TRAILERS ETC.:thumbs:

ive no doubt some of them do run for that .but you also get the ones who ran away after being 2-0 down.

allways be prepared to loose no matter what your slipping,

it is hard to get a sensible match now with no agg or stunts being pulled

people try to coax you into running hares you dont want to,or bluff you with big money,

we have had some good sport lately though

we had £300 that the first hare up was away,

i watched a match for 10 grand end nil nil lol,

IN THIS DAY.N.AGE IF I WAS EVEN THINKING ABOUT TAKING A MATCH LIKE THAT ID BE GOING TEAM HANDED .ALL THAT CASH AND TOP DOGS ABOUT RECIPE FOR A ROBBERY.ID BE VERY CAREFULL.:thumbs:

AND THATS WHAT FCUK IT FOR US 20 30 EVEN 100 MEN IN THE FIELD THREATENING FARMERS AND GAMEKEEPERS AND YOU WONDER WHY THEY HAVE SHOT THE HARES IN SOME PLACES

THATS HOW IT GOES.HYPATHETICALY THOUGH YOU WOULDNT GO TO A MATCH WITH STAKES AS HIGH BYE YOURSELF OR WITH 2 MATES .BAD LOSERS YOU MIGHT END UP WAE HE HAW.NO CASH.NO DOG AND A GOOD KICKING . HOW WOULD YOU COLLECT YOUR WINNINGS IF IT GETS UGLY.

HARE COURSING IS BANNED REMEMBER.SO WHEREVER THE MATCHES TAKE PLACE SOMEBODYS NOSE,LL BE OUT OF PLACE.FARMERS/KEEPERS.ETC. THEY SHOULDNT BE SILLY AND CHALLENGE 50 MEN ANYWAY THEY SHOULD PHONE THE MOB.:thumbs: