Worth getting another scope?

got a tx200hc with a Nikko stirling target master 6-24x44 anyway took a trip to my local gun shop today and the bloke told me the scope on my gun was crap basically and no good for my gun :hmm: Don't no alot about scopes to be honest so after advice could i do with another scope or is this one ok?

Cheers Rob :thumbs:

Bollocks!

You have a pretty decent scope there Rob! Sounds like the guy wants to diss the scope you have, so he can flog you another scope. Give me that Nikko Target Master on my TX200HC for an hour and I'll show you good stuff with it.

6-24 mag gives you a good cross-over mag range for hunting and target shooting and you should mount it comfortably clear of the action with medium height mounts. If the scope's making access to the loading port a bit of a fiddle then. go to high mounts.

As long as you know how to mount the scope perfectly level to the action with perfect eye relief and you understand how to zero it, you should not have problems as far as accurate shooting with it goes.

You are near to where I live so, which gunshop did you go to with it?

ATB

Simon

Bollocks!

You have a pretty decent scope there Rob! Sounds like the guy wants to diss the scope you have, so he can flog you another scope. Give me that Nikko Target Master on my TX200HC for an hour and I'll show you good stuff with it.

6-24 mag gives you a good cross-over mag range for hunting and target shooting and you should mount it comfortably clear of the action with medium height mounts. If the scope's making access to the loading port a bit of a fiddle then. go to high mounts.

As long as you know how to mount the scope perfectly level to the action with perfect eye relief and you understand how to zero it, you should not have problems as far as accurate shooting with it goes.

You are near to where I live so, which gunshop did you go to with it?

ATB

Simon

Its called alexanders in wakefield city centre i only went in for him to try explain abit about scope i might sound stupid here but with me only been young this gun ive got now is only 3rd gun ive had and never had a scope were ya can zoom in etc :laugh:

sorry to sound stupid :laugh: but like i say a theres a zoom bit on the bit you look in and on the other end is yards were ya can twist it to more yards..

cheers

What Pianoman said sounds about right, looks like he was trying to flog you another. Never had the target master but had a couple nikko stirling scopes and always found them to be good scopes. If you mount the scope properly, and manage to get good groups to what ever range your comfortable shooting at, then you youself will know the scopes doing exactly as it should be.

The but at the end marked out in yards is the parallax adjustment, if you are shooting to say 30 yards, adjust the parallax setting to 30 yards and you will get a clear picture. If the parallax is set much above or below the range you are shooting to you will get a hazy picture when looking through your scope.

sounds like the scope you got mate is plenty good enough :gunsmilie: how do you find the rifle mate?

Yeah getting use to it now haven't had chance to go out anywere as of yet though trying to get permission somewere :wallbash: What sort of distance do you think you could take a rabbit out at roughly?

cheers rob

sounds like the scope you got mate is plenty good enough :gunsmilie: how do you find the rifle mate?

Yeah getting use to it now haven't had chance to go out anywere as of yet though trying to get permission somewere :wallbash: What sort of distance do you think you could take a rabbit out at roughly?

cheers rob

Hi Rob,

The distance you could take a rabbit out at is (up to a certain point of course) down to whatever distance you feel happy with your accuracy, eg if you feel you can make one shot k/z shots every time at 30yrds, then that is your comfort range until you get better and are confident you can manage further shots.

Cheers

Ryan

p.s good luck with the permission

What calibre is your TX200HC Rob?

Mine's .177 and I have regularly taken rabbits clean through the head at 45 metres with it. But the best range of all is the one YOU are comfortably reliable with. To increase your range accuracy takes a lot of practice and NEVER on live quarry.

Simon

What calibre is your TX200HC Rob?

Mine's .177 and I have regularly taken rabbits clean through the head at 45 metres with it. But the best range of all is the one YOU are comfortably reliable with. To increase your range accuracy takes a lot of practice and NEVER on live quarry.

Simon

mines a 22 mate, think im just going to practice and practice till i get some permission :D

Rob

I use a Nikko scope on my .243 and it's a great bit of kit. Not the exact model that you have, but I've used several different Nikko scopes over the years and found them all to be reliable and extremely good value for money. The bloke in the gunshop is obviously a sheister and is trying to sell you stuff you don't need (unless your particular scope is fecked for some reason, but it's unlikely)

just after you buy a new scope you'll need rings...then a silencer.......then a strap with the new acer than them QD swivals...followed by a new gun at a special deal price to you.

after all yu get what yu pay for...........ripped off!

does it hold a zero? can you see through it well?..........

edit..oh yehhh....if yu dont buy does it make you feel uncomfortable? like you should have listened and bought it? snigggers.. fart n go lmao.

Edited by ghillies
  • Like 1