1999 terrano 2 central locking

The central locking on my terrano has stopped working for some reason through the fob, it works fine with the key but not the remote, i have changed the batteries on the fob does anybody know if i need a code or what ?

thanks

the nats system is pants. i forget how to do it but if you leave a thob without a battery in you need to reprogram it back in...

get on here http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/ they will put you right..

its no code just involves the key in ignition

Here you go mate hope this helps

NISSAN Terano II Key Remote Control Programming

The Central Door locking is controlled by the Multi-Remote Control system which controls the door locking, door super locking and hazard reminder. When the doors are locked and unlocked the unit flashes the hazard lights once for lock and twice for unlock.

A maximum of four remote controls are allowed to be programmed.

Ensure all the doors have been unlocked, either by using a good transponder key or remote control plip key.

1. Turn the ignition switch from Position 0 to ON 6 times within 10 seconds.

2. Then turn ignition switch to OFF position. Leave key in ignition switch.

3. After 2 seconds, the system will enter programming mode and will flash the warning lights twice.

4. Press and HOLD the unlock button on the Plip.

5. While pressing the unlock button, press the lock button 3 times.

6. Release the unlock button.

7. The warning lights will flash once to indicate successful programming.

8. Repeat procedure 4 to 7 for up to 4 plip key’s.

9. When completed turn ignition ON, and the warning lights will flash 2 times.

10. Remove key, and check all plip key’s for operation.

NOTE : The programming mode will stop when either the ignition is switch ON, 4 plip keys have been programmed or no input signal either from the switch or plip keys has been received for 120 seconds.

I,m getting up to stage 3 where the warning lights flash but after holding the unlock botton and pressing the lock button down the lights are,nt flashing once to show that it has been succesful, should i be inside the car or have someone outside pressing the plip or should,nt that matter mate ?

thanks

I,m getting up to stage 3 where the warning lights flash but after holding the unlock botton and pressing the lock button down the lights are,nt flashing once to show that it has been succesful, should i be inside the car or have someone outside pressing the plip or should,nt that matter mate ?

thanks

hi mate,are you remembering to press and hold the unlock button while you press the lock button 3 times then releasing the unlock button ,I think this is all done whilst sitting in the vehicle. if it still does not work fasten seat belts and make sure doors are all closed and retry I had problems reprogramming my focus key fob because the passenger seat belt warning kept bringing the car out of reprogramming mode.

Edited by Night Hunter

Yes mate i,ve been holding down the black bit of the fob (just below the red bit for locking)and pressingthe lock button three times then releasing the unlock button, i,ll give it a go with the two front and three rear seat belts fastened .

thanks again for taking the time to reply