BIT OF A REKKY, BUT TOOK THE RIFLE

Hello boys, went out the other day up the cattle farm, not a sausage about, hardly anything flying, i managed a few shots though, one being a 20 yard rabbit, its head practically filled the scope, i dont know what happened, but i took what should of been a really easy shot and totally missed, havent got a clue if the pellet went high,low,left or right, annoyed at myself i decided to check my zero (25 yards) spot on, pellet on pellet every time, i put a target out at 20 yards (the distance the rabbit was) pellet on pellet again :hmm: I cant even blame a damaged pellet, because i check all pellets when i load the mag, and even very slightly damaged ones get discarded, Clueless i decided to walk round the barns, first shot i got was a dove on the ground about 20 yards, and again i missed, and the same again on the next dove at 28 yards, sod it, i got a pigeon decoy out of the car and set it at 30 yards i took some shots and i was smack on every time taking head shots (ive got a video of a shot on the decoy) im going home, im obviously having an off day and somethings up somewhere. On the way home i have to pass another permission i have and the temptation was to strong, so i pulled in, i wanted to pop in here anyway because i had bought some feeders the day before and i wanted to put them up along a wood line to tempt the squirrels out, i was only planning on having a walk round and leaving the rifle in the car, but i noticed i had my "home fashioned" gun lamp in the car and as it was getting dusk i decided to put the feeders up and have a sit in some cover until it was dark enough to have a scout, Feeders were set up and i was tucked up in cover, i had woodys landing in the trees right above me but couldnt get a decent shot for the twigs and branches, i saw the rabbits coming out of the hedges just with a few minutes of light left, about 50/60 yards away,and i watched as they ran straight across the field about 200yards and disapeared into another hedge line!! well at least i know where to go and sit next time im up lol totally dark now so i had a quick walk around the perimeter of the field but no bunnys were visable, I want to say fair play to the lads who lamp alone, as i was on edge!! haha and went arse over tit when a pheasant flew out of some ivy about 3ft infront of me screaming as it went, Yep thats enough for me :cry: lol made my way to the gate and ill admit i was constantly looking over my shoulder and scanning with the lamp for "monsters" lol

100_2124.jpg?t=1297514382

100_2126.jpg?t=1297514382

100_2133.jpg?t=1297514382

100_2134.jpg?t=1297514382

100_2136.jpg?t=1297514382

Edited by millsy44

Lmao :thumbs:, nice write up millsy :laugh: :laugh:

Dont get caught lamping for monsters as they are not strictly quarry :laugh:

We all have off days buddy :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

I was shockingly bad mate lol and i think id prefer to have a lamping buddy next time haha :icon_redface:

haha nice one millsy, good video's anall mate. cant beat a good nights lamping! i just have me mam on speed dial :laugh: atb lad :thumbs:

Haha cheers mick, when we gunna get out for our target competition?? Adams said hes up for it aslong as you dont mind him coming along :thumbs: