FEEDING

hiya boys, im thinking about making a feeder on one of my permissions, its only 12 acres and is pretty much one large field, it has a 25 foot wide wood running down one side, ive seen squirrels in this wood, but the wood isnt mine to shoot, so im going to need to tempt them out, i was thinking of just a few simple nut bags that you hang from trees?? Or would these just get hammered too much by the birds? Any body got any techniques they have used in the past?? Plus i was wondering if i put a pheasant like ground feeder down, would rabbits use it? maybe not to feed from but just a place to sit and have a pick through the feed and a general nosey? Cheers boys :thumbs:

grey Squirrels are like rats and technically dont need to be a nuicence as they are a general pest and need to be controlled to preserve our native species, if one ventured onto my permision it would meet lead :thumbs:

(Thats my thaughts anyway)

Why not try asking the owner of the wood if he feels he has a problem and request permission for a mooch :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

hi pal

if the squirrels are not on your permission there not being a pest buddy.

ive never tryed to tempt rabbits out with food buddy but why not try

atb steve

So if a wood pigeon flew onto your permission from a neighbouring field that you diddnt have permission on, would you not shoot it?? Or if a rabbit came through a hedge onto your permission, would you not shoot it?? I say you would, as anybody would, the squirrels come out of the wood and onto my side, but dont stay long, thats why im thinking about the feeders :thumbs:

grey Squirrels are like rats and technically dont need to be a nuicence as they are a general pest and need to be controlled to preserve our native species, if one ventured onto my permision it would meet lead :thumbs:

Why not try asking the owner of the wood if he feels he has a problem and request permission for a mooch :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

Think im goin to ask :thumbs: im up there today to do abit of dove and feral clearance :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

hi ste

what you have said is correct but you cant control any pest with permission :thumbs:

atb steve

also

its el legal to use bird callers to call in birds and this is a true fact,if a pigeon landed on my permission i would shoot it only because i have permission to,on mine and ste cricket club permission we are not aloud to shoot doves so if one landed on my permission i would not should it because i respect the land owners wishes.

if you have permission to clear of the tree rats then fair enough but i see it as why try calling pests onto the permission when the land owner wants them clear :thumbs:

this is not a debate started just my points on it buddy

atb steve

.atb. .ste.

hi ste

what you have said is correct but you cant control any pest with permission :thumbs:

atb steve

I know, birds you need a reason in accordance with the open licence, rats, squizzers and rabbits can be shot on sight, thats my interpritation anyway as they are a pest by virtue of what they are rather than what they are up to, as with birds they need to be up to mischief.

If thats not right feel free to correct me.

.atb. .ste.

Greys- culled to protect native species.

Bunnys- national clearance.

Rats- filthy health risk.

Thats just 3 reasons, there is lots more.

:thumbs:

Edited by rossi_j

Ur havin a laugh ain't ya,it ain't illegal to use calls only digital calls it says but hand calls are legal to use,and I'd smear some peanut butter about on some old logs or branches on your permission they'll soon be on it. You can garuntee they ain't just gana be stayin in that wood u ain't got permission on they wil be on yours to at some point.just because they ain't bein a pest there an ten wouldn't stop anyone I know shootin them,mix some different nuts togethor and some sort of nut oil and blend up and hopefully get the wind blowin the smell to the woods and draw the fuckers in range.

Edited by jmilam08

also

its el legal to use bird callers to call in birds and this is a true fact

atb steve

You sure about that mate? :thumbs:

As for starting a debate, your the starter :laugh:

As for shooting buddy im playing skittles tonite, tomorow good tho if ur up for it :thumbs:

Sory Millsy got a bit off track, what im saying is bag them squizzers mate, I havent tryed bait but they like the bird table in the garden so im sure it will work :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

also

its el legal to use bird callers to call in birds and this is a true fact

atb steve

You sure about that mate? :thumbs:

As for starting a debate, your the starter :laugh:

As for shooting buddy im playing skittles tonite, tomorow good tho if ur up for it :thumbs:

Sory Millsy got a bit off track, what im saying is bag them squizzers mate, I havent tryed bait but they like the bird table in the garden so im sure it will work :thumbs:

.atb. .ste.

yeah toma sweet mate same time see you then :thumbs: