question for the scrap collectors

Take the foam off then cut the top off and tip the limescale out cut the brass bits off and the element off the top, waigh it in as heavy copper and the brass seperate to get the top money for it :thumbs:had 10 out of a plummers yard only this morning :signthankspin: only joking

Edited by lamping-lad

Its amazing how it adds up. I have a small heating company and alot of our work is upgrading old back boilers / heat only boilers to combi boilers so we get a cylinder with every one we do. I used to give all the scrap away to the scrap collecters until i found out the prices.

We save up all the old copper pipe that comes out too.

Had 5 cylinders and four bags of pipe cuttings etc last week and got nearly £600 for it.

I save it all up now and also keep the old steel boilers, radiators etc as I have to pay to dump it.

We rented a lock up that I was going to make into a wee office and showroom but it has ended up being our scrap storrage.

We take it to Daltons in Edinburgh and they take off 2kgs if you leave the jakets on.

We cut out the brass fittings and bag them seperate and that adds up too.

I am going to save it over the next few months to cover the holidays.

Its amazing how it adds up. I have a small heating company and alot of our work is upgrading old back boilers / heat only boilers to combi boilers so we get a cylinder with every one we do. I used to give all the scrap away to the scrap collecters until i found out the prices.

Had 5 cylinders and four bags of pipe cuttings etc last week and got nearly £600 for it.

I save it all up now and also keep the old steel boilers, radiators etc as I have to pay to dump it.

We rented a lock up that I was going to make into a wee office and showroom but it has ended up being our scrap storrage.

We take it to Daltons in Edinburgh and they take off 2kgs if you leave the jakets on.

just make sure its locked up well or take it in as you get it :thumbs:

thats what worries me, incase someone breaks in and steels it.

We dont have a sign above the door but we are in an industrial estate so some one could go gown at night and make as much noise as they want breaking in.

I know its silly but it feels like you get more money if you take it in bulk. Technically I could go in every week and save the money but if you get £50 you end up spending it. If you save it and get £600 you are more likely to stick it away.

thats what worries me, incase someone breaks in and steels it.

We dont have a sign above the door but we are in an industrial estate so some one could go gown at night and make as much noise as they want breaking in.

I know its silly but it feels like you get more money if you take it in bulk. Technically I could go in every week and save the money but if you get £50 you end up spending it. If you save it and get £600 you are more likely to stick it away.

50 pound in your pocket is better than 600 in someone elses though :thumbs: