I'll re- introduce myself, for I believe most don't know me, and they can't imagine who I am.

I am a woman, I live in Belgium (not in Kerkdriel but let's say in the wood where life is good, and I have 10 (since today, 9) terriers as a pack, to hunt at sweep hunts to wild boar, (you need a pack of dogs because the boar lie up together with as many as 30 when you find them) to fox, badger, raccoon and raccoon- dog in France, Belgian Ardennes and Germany, wherever hunters need our dogs.

We sort of rent ourselves to hunts per day against overhead expenses, so on a non profit base.

I breed my own dogs, they are mainly half German hunt terrier and further, come from 3 imports of working terriers (Fell/Bedlington, Patt and working Lakeland) imported to Belgium and Holland, which I mixed into my lines to reduce size and make them more easy going.

This forum is very interesting to me, I enjoy seeing other people's terriers and hearing their stories, and I will always look back to where the terrier came from, as for getting new good material from working, non show stock. Even then they can be built correctly, but in these dogs, most is between the ears. I try to create useful working dogs for working with Guns as we do at the continent, that is; no lasting stayers, but bolters and mixers, and the odd one who can finish the job if they won't bolt. I have different sizes of terrier but all are athletic, to make their distance in heavy terrain, and they need a good coat for the winter weather in our hills. That's why I like working Lakelands.

The reason for this is: often we work different earths: sand, clay and stone, deep ones and big ones, we work everything, everywhere, and you can't dig everywhere, and the Guns are impatient and move quickly if the game stands its ground. Also when we work the boars above ground and there is a sett, I prefer to be able to call my dogs back out again. For that reason I put my dogs to brock quite young so as to teach them discretion. I've good experience with that method. I can still dig brock with some; they will last it out when they hear I come digging for them. The best is when he bolts for the Guns to shoot and we need not dig. So dogs which put on a lot of pressure mixing and making noise, but don't fix the game. Or only if I dig.

I like a clever, versatile, obedient, small but athletic dog with a strong head and thick double coat. They must have a very fine nose and be loud on the line for the hunt above ground, and for tracking wounded game. They must not fight other dogs, not make noise in kennels, and be affectionate inside. So that I can give them a bit of a life too, when there is no hunting season.

Keep up the working terrier, the love of us all!