brilliant evening

hi guys,i think this is the first time i have ever written a post so bear with me,my evening started with my mate mattie picking me up and we headed down to a 300 acre permission that we have.this evening we weren't going lamping for rabbits though we had geese in mind.we parked the pick up two fields away and hopped the railway line,the gees were on the other side of the line in a field that has a hollow in it.we sat and waited tucked into the embankment for over half an hour as they didnt take flight till 5.45 which was later than saturday.they took of into the wind and by luck or judgement "bit of both" theyturned towards the shore and came right above us.bang bang and one was down"blaming the wind for the single hit !!".but one is better than none.we only had one shottie with us.then up o the croft and shot a roe.thanks for reading and all the best

John

Edited by jay2k123

hi ya john

did you get pictures buddy ? .270 sh-t me pal thats some bullet pal at 130 grain no wonder it went down hard lol a bit like my fox with the shottie lol

nice write up though john pal and i hope to see some pictures to matey

shay

they are both hanging outside the farmhouse door shay.i think my mate is of his work tomorrow and he has one of the digital cameras,i'll see if he can get a pic or two for me and stick them up as well "i am pretty hopeless at all that stuff in fact i'm ashamed to admit i dont have a bloody clue"

all the best

John

Nice one john, those geese come down hard dont they, prob not as hard as the deer did tho :thumbs:

Top shooting mate.

.atb. .ste.

thanks ste,yea that roe went down like a ton of lead.not suprising when i saw the size of the exit wound.

will try to get some pics on tomorrow

atb

John