Just got another 4000 acres

Well there's a turn up for the books, one of the keepers we ferret for has just passed on my details to one of the farms he uses for some of his game shooting. He rang me to tell me this farm was over run with bunnies and would I be interested "get a grip of yourself" I thought, of course I would silly question. Well I gave this farmer a bell and arranged to meet him, he is just a young guy and sound as a pound, he told me about the trouble and took be a drive round to look at it. By the F**ck there are some rabbits on there, he said that they lamped it last night and there must have been 80 to 100 in the field adjoining a dyke. There were rabbits strewn all over that had been shot and not picked and rabbits still running around in daylight. He asked if I used a shotgun while ferreting as one of the farm workers ferreted it a couple of days ago and they were bolting all over even though they had run 40 nets out. I will if I can I said, no problem was the reply so I went for it.....What about pigeon shooting and lamping? yes why not he said its getting rid of them and I will have a word with the neibouring farms too. Stroke of luck or what? unfortunately I cant get on there till the hare shoot is finished next week as its a syndicate and lots of french geezers paying wads of money to shoot.

As the story goes "the more you have the more you get" never thought it would happen to me though, I have only been here for just under 4 years and have probably in excess of 40,000 acres to go at.

Just hope we can get some good bags in before the end of season.

• Like 1

Well there's a turn up for the books, one of the keepers we ferret for has just passed on my details to one of the farms he uses for some of his game shooting. He rang me to tell me this farm was over run with bunnies and would I be interested "get a grip of yourself" I thought, of course I would silly question. Well I gave this farmer a bell and arranged to meet him, he is just a young guy and sound as a pound, he told me about the trouble and took be a drive round to look at it. By the F**ck there are some rabbits on there, he said that they lamped it last night and there must have been 80 to 100 in the field adjoining a dyke. There were rabbits strewn all over that had been shot and not picked and rabbits still running around in daylight. He asked if I used a shotgun while ferreting as one of the farm workers ferreted it a couple of days ago and they were bolting all over even though they had run 40 nets out. I will if I can I said, no problem was the reply so I went for it.....What about pigeon shooting and lamping? yes why not he said its getting rid of them and I will have a word with the neibouring farms too. Stroke of luck or what? unfortunately I cant get on there till the hare shoot is finished next week as its a syndicate and lots of french geezers paying wads of money to shoot.

As the story goes "the more you have the more you get" never thought it would happen to me though, I have only been here for just under 4 years and have probably in excess of 40,000 acres to go at.

You lucky Sod steve, well you guys do a cracking job and the numbers you get word spreads fast. :thumbs:

Got some time off next week if ya need a hand :thumbs:

ATB

Dom

You lucky Sod steve, well you guys do a cracking job and the numbers you get word spreads fast. :thumbs:

ATB

Dom

Hi Dom, will sort something and send you a PM when I know whats happening.

ATB

Dom

Hi Dom, will sort something and send you a PM when I know whats happening.

Thanks Steve. :thumbs:

Fair play to ya Steve......you Lads deserve it.....you and your crew are out doing it rather than just talking about it :thumbs:

I start that Water Board place at the weekend and now that the Shooting is finished......got to do a few New Farms :thumbs:

Will fit as much Ferreting in as possible but i think a few nights with the Longnets is in order if the conditions are right :thumbs:

Fair play to ya Steve......you Lads deserve it.....you and your crew are out doing it rather than just talking about it :thumbs:

I start that Water Board place at the weekend and now that the Shooting is finished......got to do a few New Farms :thumbs:

Will fit as much Ferreting in as possible but i think a few nights with the Longnets is in order if the conditions are right :thumbs:

Hope it goes well there mate keep us informed of your progress.

:thumbs:

This farmer just rang me to see if I can sort some pigeons out he has upward of 3000 feeding on some rape, I can't believe it ,its nowhere near the farm and is an area I really wanted some shooting on. I pass it regular and its teaming with pigeons but was told I would get on there as its A1 pigeon land.:toast:

He reckons it will take about 4 of us to cover it all.