help me find my guns model

hi all im a newbie and a newbie to shooting also. i used to use catapults and a webley tempest pistol years ago but purchased a rifle recently .177.

not knowing about rifles i took the owners word it was a weihrauch hw90. while trying to set te sights it lost all its pressure from the cocking pin so i assumed a seal had gone. iv just been tot he gun shop to take it to be fixed to be in the embarressing sirtuation of being told thats not a hw90 its an old falcon of some sort. either way he said it will be fixed in next couple of days for circa £30 or less and said he would find out what model it was but did say it was an old model.

here lies my predicament.

i havnt any pictures of it and im a very impatient person when it comes to knowing things like this so wondered if off my vague description you could tell me (pref with a pic?) what it is?

firstly im informed its a falcon, it has an 8 shot cartridge (correct termonolegy?) it is of the "pump up variety" (the pump i have) the end of the barrel goes into what i can only describe as a metal sleeve which also contains the lower (barrel?) compartment which i assume holds the pressurised air. the end of the barrel and lower barrel (thingy) is one unit within this sleeve. the sleeve also has a valve where the pump plugs into. the rest of the gun is pretty unremarkble so cant find any defineing featres.

soooooo can anyone help a newbie with no idea on what he is going on about or indeed what his gun is find out what it is? all i know is it is a fairly old model. cheers all :)

yea the bloke in the shop showed me a hw90.

he reckoned the falcon was a fairly old one,

i googled the gun you said and it hs the same end as this

post-3391-1256826018_thumb.jpg

but the butt is completely different. its a "plain" butt and has no holes or hollows.

i cant see any logos on it but the wood is fairly wor and it seems well used (will smarte it u when i get it back) so a little unsure. it was on the shops say so its a falcon?

il have a look when i get it back then, hopefully the shop will let me know too :)

what is the combined barrel end about as i notice not all the ones (i googled) have this? does it do something or is it just a way of delivering the air on newer/older models?

also are these a good gun? iv bought it primarily for rabbiting/lamping will it be ok? what are they like to live with? i noticed the reviews mentioned they were light but id class it as pretty heavy lol cheers for the info :)

Its a Titan.Early version of the falcon fn range before falcon took over.Hard to telll if there falcons or titans but im pretty sure this is a titan as most falcon fn ranges were the same actions but the titans had various differences.

Man you should of used google before buying as theres a massive difference between a hw90 and a pcp titan lol.

Hope you didnt pay much as there very old.seals are a common problem with all pcps but falcon/titan fn types do suffer front seal problems alot.

think you win the prize mate, from google it looks like the 19! anyone know if there any good?

There good old gun mate.I have owned a few.very accurate easy to fill.just watch the barrel clamp if it has one on.The barrels are thin and the band can come loose which wil put the pellet off target.

Very light,ugly but believe me there a delight to shoot.many upgraded parts avail but take in to account that there no longer made,falcon fn parts will fit but they have discontinued the fn range too.

All you should ever need is seals to be fair and there just varied sizes of orings which youl always get hold of.One rifle I regret selling was my titan 19,one of my 1st pcps at a cracking price of £120 from a gun shop too (used of course).wish id kept it,ive learned to just keep rather then swap or sell.

Enjoy,I just hope you didnt pay much over £150 for it.

Sound like he tried to mug you off as you were a newb which is what I hate and I know a lot of people on the forum target newbs and ask silly money for there rifles,many are way more then the price new.

Pays to use the forum and always remember google is your friend (hw90 LOL,how did you not google a image),excitement and wanting can be blinded,I have fell and learned from it.

Enjoy and happy hunting,ohh your going to need a pump or a divers bottle,a pump pumps these quite easy,jsramsbottom have them new for under £100 dont bother with the expensiver ones,also consider used ones but make sure its no more the £50-60 and has no signs of rust.

falcons are great matey (imo) :thumbs: i use a fn19 and its light, accurate, high shot count and simple and easy to diy fix if something was to happen, mines still got original seals with no leaks :icon_eek: . there also cheap too. the customer service from falcon even for these old guns is spot on. if u fit a detwanger and a good mod are near silent too (not got round to putting mine in yet tho) atb with it.

cheers gents :) i paid £120 which came with the stirrup pump too. tbf i didnt see a pic till he came to drop it off. i went over it shot it and was happy. if its repaired correctly seems i still got an ok deal. wouldnt agree on the light part. saying that iv been using a mates hw95 and would say they are similarish weights perhaps i just need to man up lol good thing is the little recoil :) i will post pics when its back either way. thank you all for the input tho, will ask you what you think and can recommend for it am hoping it will be back on wednesday as gunshop taking their time.