advise on buying a new hw 100

hi all thanks for taking the time to read this , can [NO TEXT TALK] offer me advise on buying a new hw 100 sport fsb with silencer please? are they still made in germany ? are they still sh*t hot rifles ? im paying £820 with a hawk scope and mounts and tin of pellets

any info is welcomed :thumbs:

Hiya Sam.

I have come to the conclusion that MOST PCP rifles are built to acceptable???? tolernces.

Most of what you buy today will benefit from further tuning and fettling.

To get a rifle that is spot on is a real bonus.

Factory settings can be inadaquate, balancing of valves, regulators, and hammer spring tentions is a fine art, often needing fettling and adjustment, even as far as the crowning of the barrel needing a lick with the lathe.

What Buster said made good sense I think.

If you can wait, and puick up a rifle that someone has had tuned, blueprinted, regd, whatever, you would do well, and save a bob or two in the process.

My own HW100 is away at the moment being looked at, because of its inconsistancies, and poor performance.

Just my take on things mate, many may disagree with me, but thats how I feel about it all.

You pays your money, and takes your chances mate.

Wish you well with your choices buddy.

ATB.

Bill.

• Like 1