Whippet bitch 3rd nite on the lamp ....

As above here's my 18" bitch cracking wee dog to work just started her on the lamp last week she has been taking rabbits while mooching and 2 ferreting outings but iv been holding her back due to the freeze. Finaly got her going at the weekend got a couple decent bunnys difficult runs so i decided to let her see some ground with more bunnys to tackle. After about an hour and a half 2 hours i decided she had had enough and brung her home. All in all some decent runs i knew she would pick rabbits up here so she done what i expected of her maybe a dash more. Not the fastest bitch in my kennel but she will run all day and happily goes through any cover or over any fence couldnt realy ask for more . Might even let her earn some rozzetes this summer lol.

Kris.

SAM_0996.jpg

SAM_0997.jpg

SAM_0998.jpg

Edited by fresh earth
  • Like 1

She's 17 months and has done a bit knocking about mooching and has watched my black bitch for a month. I always do this then start working them alone so she has actualy been worked three times on the beem but has been learning the ropes a bit longer. Wouldnt expect anything less she has had them in the day and has her strike spot on and aint the type that hammers up and over shoots so easy enough wee bitch to work. Cheers for the comments ill work her till the middle of next month then thatl be her till next season as i dont like taking young rabbits or gravid does as it hinders the numbers in my freezer next season so she will just see a bit of the track and plenty ratting to keep her ticking over.

Tbh mate she is mostly show stuff worth talking about alot of nevedith , pencloe ,milwold , cornstalk and alot of oakbark. Saw some dogs of these lines run and was happy enough but as i say my main reason on her choice was the size of the line and the fact there were no ss or laguna dogs anywhere on her pedigree. A whippet is what you make of it in my eyes regardless its breeding. Yes decent breeding helps alot but if you know what your doing and the speed and initial willingness to please is there your laughing :thumbs: She will hopefully carry on like this and will add to my stock at the end of next season.

Haha dont worry about it shazza my other bitch is working type but tbh i was struggling to find decent working lines with the proper size and breeding at the time i had seen some from the same line run and was happy enough with the ped behind her her parents were worked so she didnt come straight out a show kennel. Tbh the farsce about then being fragile dogs terrified of the weather is just that a farsce. In reality if you wrap a working bred whippet up in fleeces and jackets and have em inside in a scalding house on the couch it will turn its nose up and shiver at the weather just the same as any other dog would. This bitch has always been kenneled with no heat no jacket outside alone and walked in all weathers no bother. Had to keep her on a leash for a month as all she wanted to bloody do is bolt about on the ice lol .

• Like 1

Haha dont worry about it shazza my other bitch is working type but tbh i was struggling to find decent working lines with the proper size and breeding at the time i had seen some from the same line run and was happy enough with the ped behind her her parents were worked so she didnt come straight out a show kennel. Tbh the farsce about then being fragile dogs terrified of the weather is just that a farsce. In reality if you wrap a working bred whippet up in fleeces and jackets and have em inside in a scalding house on the couch it will turn its nose up and shiver at the weather just the same as any other dog would. This bitch has always been kenneled with no heat no jacket outside alone and walked in all weathers no bother. Had to keep her on a leash for a month as all she wanted to bloody do is bolt about on the ice lol .

:thumbs: