Waste of time today

ive been looking forward to a day out all week, so when i saw the forecast last night i was determined to get out even though rain was due.

When i got up it was light rain, boxed up the ferrets and got them and mags in the van and headed off 10 mins into the journey it lashed down still undeterred i arrived half an hour later in gale force winds and torrential rain. I thought bugger it in for a penny in for a pound. but honestly by the time i got loaded with the gear i was drenched. got on the ground mags put a few sitters up but the where just yards from safety.

I tried to put nets down but the wind kept flipping them off the holes, the wind was roaring throught the trees and the rain was coming up off the floor into my face. and to top it all off mags decided to play silly buggers she was really difficult to keep steady flying off at the slightest thing then deciding to do a tour of the field at top speed it was all very puppyish behaviour brought on no doubt by the stormy conditions and huge noise.

i ran the ferrets through a couple of warrens but all though they were occupied i couldnt get a bolt so at the first oppurtunity i lifted them all and headed for the van. i was frozen soaked through and pissed off but hey thats ferreting :thumbs:

i know how you feel pal i went and did a bit today and the wind was howling, nets getting blown about and the dog had one of those days were every time he took a back step he pulled the nets off but hey ho i still bolted two into the nets and the dog scoop em up like no tomorrow. when i packed up and walked back to the car it seemed ludricous :wallbash: walking past all the burrows but it was pointless getting the nets out in that wind :gunsmilie: