i have a 5 month lakey x and she is car sick on any journey my permision is only 12 miles or so away went up today and she didnt get past two miles i have tried not feeding her before i go but makes no difference tried her in a box, on the floor even took our lass with her on her knee nothing seems to work any ideas would be a help lads cheers in advance

you could try taking the pup everywere with you when your out and about ,shops ,visiting friends ect,this should get the pup used to traveling in your car ,it could be a nervous thing in the past i bought a dog that was terrified of traffic ect the more it travels ect the better it should get it could also be suffering motion sickness so short journeys should do it the world of good .

you could try taking the pup everywere with you when your out and about ,shops ,visiting friends ect,this should get the pup used to traveling in your car ,it could be a nervous thing in the past i bought a dog that was terrified of traffic ect the more it travels ect the better it should get it could also be suffering motion sickness so short journeys should do it the world of good .

I agree. We got a rescue springer this summer that was a terrible traveller. I ended up just doing very short journeys with her and she's grand now. In fact she's took to it so well, hubby takes her in his wagon most days.

Perservere Hath, and good luck :)

i have a 5 month lakey x and she is car sick on any journey my permision is only 12 miles or so away went up today and she didnt get past two miles i have tried not feeding her before i go but makes no difference tried her in a box, on the floor even took our lass with her on her knee nothing seems to work any ideas would be a help lads cheers in advance

feed it in the back of the motor engine off for a couple days,then feed it in the motor engine running(no i dont mean drive down the road while its eating :D) ,soon learn not to be wary/ unduly nervous build up to a few short journeys up the road and back,try it what you got to lose :thumbs:

thanks i will try a lot more short journeys to see if i can get her use to the car dont think it has anything to do with her past as i got her at 8 weeks and she was sick down the wifes arm on the way home :laugh: its just not seen such a small dog heave so much

agree with above... take her everywhere with you, make sure she has fun at the destination, play games, bring her for an auld ramble about the place, bring her to the park, to the beach, to relatives houses etc etc... she'll get over it sooner or later just persevere and be calm about it!

my lakeyx is the same like, just seems to get really scared/over exited and starts jumping allover and then whiteys! :bad: tryed everything and nothing carms him! iam after a jeep atm so it will be getting box in the back like!