mouse problem please help

hi all long time sice i last posted ive recenty found out ive got mice in the eves of my loft i wouldnt mind but i live in the loft so its a bit of a buger trying to get to sleep with them there ive layed some poison and 4 mouse traps ive cauht 4 mice in 5 days and i dont know how many have died from the poison but i was just wondering if any 1 on here could ive me some help in telling me the best way to get rid of them and also does anyone on here no if them things you plug in the wall actually work anyway many thanks carlton ps ill try get some pics up if i catch any more

The plug in things are pretty much a waste of electric

Carry on doin what your doing, trapping ,baiting ( what type of bait are you using) etc. Then look at proofing measures, they are getting in some where, and until this is sorted ur probably never going to cure the problem 100%.

look around the outside of the property, more often than not at ground level, it could be a crack in the pointing, old air brick etc that's allowing them access to the cavity and up to the loft. You'll need to be as thorough as possible with this in order to prevent access to them, if you can fit ur little finger in a gap a mouse won't be hard pressed to squeeze through it... Good luck

Keep up the trapping, but change the type of trap to avoid trap shyness. i.e. plastic for wooden and vice versa.

Put peanut butter or chocolate spread on the traps. Try to stop up the route in wire wool is a good blocker of holes.

On the subject of poisoning, many pro baits contain a mummifing agent in them that avoids the smell of dead rodents.

Last resort the tin cat and definatly forget the plug ins! :thumbdown:

cheers for replies every one i usaually use bbq sauce with suger puffs it was a joke putin it on at 1st but it actually works so i was sticking to that lol ill go ibn the eves now and have a look to see were there getting in i dont think they live in there thouh cus there is no poo or piss so i dnt no didnt hear anything last night either but wire woll ill give that a try cheer for replies every one

On the subject of poisoning, many pro baits contain a mummifing agent in them that avoids the smell of dead rodents.

most poisons sold over the counter to public don't

ie, B&Q, wilkinsons, its mostly standard grain or pasta, made and sold by rentokil

most poisons sold over the counter to public don't

ie, B&Q, wilkinsons, its mostly standard grain or pasta, made and sold by rentokil

thats what i used that rentokil stuff

as, mentioned keep laying down the bait and have a good look for where they may be coming in. 6mil or the thickness of a bik biro is all they need to get in so don't overlook anything. Its likely that they are either coming up the cavity in the wall and into the attic, or coming in from next door.

When baiting put little trays all over, as mice feed sporadically moving from one to another to another, rather than feeding from one source. its the repeated takes of bait that kills them eventually over a number of days...... not one lethal dose ;-)

Edited by Paul in North Lincs

ive had a look in there and there is loads of places they can get in but hopfully if i keep puting bait down and traps then i can keep the numbers down or get rid of them my uncle said that there i n every1s loft along this row of houses so ill just block up what i can thanks every 1 for replies again

everyones house eh.... thats a tough 1 then, as you will clear yours and 3 week later the same pest will return.

2 classic's, possably 3... for easy entry into the cavities are

climbing foilage on the side of a house (may as well have a ladder there for any willing thief too'

the gap below back/front door

old waste pipe from washer hole, about a foot up from ground level.. a bricky would fill this in, but seeing as we all b&q it nowadays, most folk never seal these holes up.

speak to all the residents in the block, maybe get them to unite and hire a pro in who will not only eliminate, but also point out how they got in.

you will save money in the long run'

everyones house eh.... thats a tough 1 then, as you will clear yours and 3 week later the same pest will return.

2 classic's, possably 3... for easy entry into the cavities are

climbing foilage on the side of a house (may as well have a ladder there for any willing thief too'

the gap below back/front door

old waste pipe from washer hole, about a foot up from ground level.. a bricky would fill this in, but seeing as we all b&q it nowadays, most folk never seal these holes up.

speak to all the residents in the block, maybe get them to unite and hire a pro in who will not only eliminate, but also point out how they got in.

you will save money in the long run'

spot on mate for that ill chat to some of the neighbors but there are some dicks that live in my street but worth a try thanks again for all the advise im getting realy appreciate it