Lure machine testing! vid

looks grate mate, was just wondering what motor you using? im in the middle of a engine converstion and got a spear alternator would it do the trick?

well it would work but the thing is with starters they are only ment to run for 10/15 sec, and they draw 30ah+ so you'ed only get a few runs with a 18ah batteries, but you need deep cycle batteries or a car batterie ok if you have a car to carry everything!

my lure has done 12 runs with only a 2 min brake ( the time it takes to walk the line back out) used my 18ah for them and it used a 1/4 if that!

if in two weeks it pass's my testing i will start making them! and they will be well under a £100 with p&p

all you will need is a batterie

sorry mate i woulnt be useing a starter i would be using a alternator they are running all the time the car is running. iv got 2 24v batteries witch should power it for a while. :thumbs:

right!! only problem with that is they run from the engin by belts you could put power to them but they wont turn!!

I think you can turn them in to a motor tho!! I think i have a book on doing it! you may be on to something with them if they can b used as a motor!

oryt i thought if you put power to them they would turn on my zetec engine i thought they powerd the water pump and power stearing...

looks grate mate, was just wondering what motor you using? im in the middle of a engine converstion and got a spear alternator would it do the trick?

well it would work but the thing is with starters they are only ment to run for 10/15 sec, and they draw 30ah+ so you'ed only get a few runs with a 18ah batteries, but you need deep cycle batteries or a car batterie ok if you have a car to carry everything!

my lure has done 12 runs with only a 2 min brake ( the time it takes to walk the line back out) used my 18ah for them and it used a 1/4 if that!

if in two weeks it pass's my testing i will start making them! and they will be well under a £100 with p&p

sorry mate i woulnt be useing a starter i would be using a alternator they are running all the time the car is running. iv got 2 24v batteries witch should power it for a while. :thumbs:

right!! only problem with that is they run from the engin by belts you could put power to them but they wont turn!!

I think you can turn them in to a motor tho!! I think i have a book on doing it! you may be on to something with them if they can b used as a motor!

oryt i thought if you put power to them they would turn on my zetec engine i thought they powerd the water pump and power stearing...

now i think about it the crankshaft powers everythink :wallbash: wasnt thinking. :thumbs:

you've got a little work to do withthem ( i'm just reading up on it now mate)

here's one of the book's i've got http://www.otherpower.com/images/scimages/1431/Alternator_Secrets.pdf

sounds like it would be easyer to buy one of you when u get them sorted. :whistling:

if you don't have a lathe then yes!!

from what i've looked at you could turn it in to a motor but you'ed need to but a motor to start it! so more weight!

Testing going well ( lure machine i made) just waiting on a new spool as its a bit slow and the 1st one i used was to big, motor doing the job well

had 10 runs at 150 yards long with turn at 75 yards!! if this new spool i get works i'll make a proper frame and make it look nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlfJgB8vyI

nice machine but u need 2 offset the cord with a pulley wheel it will stop the dog running into the machine on the return run

Testing going well ( lure machine i made) just waiting on a new spool as its a bit slow and the 1st one i used was to big, motor doing the job well

had 10 runs at 150 yards long with turn at 75 yards!! if this new spool i get works i'll make a proper frame and make it look nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxlfJgB8vyI

nice machine but u need 2 offset the cord with a pulley wheel it will stop the dog running into the machine on the return run

true mate was meant to sort it but was in a rush! had to put my leg out to slow her down , gonna get some of that mesh with to poll's!

I got 30 to 40 runs per charge with my home made one with transit starter and solenoid that was 200-250 yards but obviously less when was running them 350 yards and i only ever had on prob it was solenoid stuck on after 6 months of using it at a race meeting so i just fitted a kill switch to power. not had a problem since.And Jenks if ya wanna use one you can come over or borrow mine :thumbs:

I got 30 to 40 runs per charge with my home made one with transit starter and solenoid that was 200-250 yards but obviously less when was running them 350 yards and i only ever had on prob it was solenoid stuck on after 6 months of using it at a race meeting so i just fitted a kill switch to power. not had a problem since.And Jenks if ya wanna use one you can come over or borrow mine :thumbs:

thanks mate. im well up for a ride over for a few runs. really really need to stretch my boys legs.

give me a call/PM when your free and fancy a few runs and ill come join you.

can bring you some decent munch for your dogs with me.

can even bring my own batterys! lol got a nice 96AH flat cell batt sat in the shed just waiting to be put to use.