Advice

Hi there i have just got my hutch carry box nets ect, just waiting on the ferrets now :)

Just wanted to know what the best way to go about getting permission is. Should i go to the farms, ring write ect? I dont really just wwant to go on land, i would rather have permission

Cheers & Happy new year all

try it all mate, visit as manny as you can, write letters just do what you can. be polite, print out some cards. ive been to places before and had to leave my details, it alot easier to have them on a card ready then have ppl looking around for pens and paper.

yea that was my thinking. I have printed some business cards so that might help me :)

yes thats a good start,maybe insurance about 30 pound a year,and offer farmer help on farm,shows your not wanting something for nothing as farmers are plagued by people wanting favours.

i find goin to the land owner and just bein polite usually does the trick,make it clear what you want permission to do there to avoid confusion later and let them know each time you arrive/leave if you can. good luck gettin some hunting ground.

Yes.....get yourself some cards printed up offering a FREE service and visit as many Farms/Estates as you can.

Join the Countryside Alliance/Basc or another organisation and that will cover your insurance part of it.

Visit the Farms/Estates in Smart but Casual clothes..........DONT go cammo'd up looking like some form of human tree :no: just be brief and polite in explaining your intentions.

A lot will just tell you to Feck off BUT........DONT give up.........just keep at it and someone will give you a chance :thumbs:

Once you get some permission :hmm: DONT take every Man and his Dog along........just you and your regular Ferreting partner.

ALWAYS check (Ring) with the Landowner to see if its ok for you to Ferret that day etc......NEVER take it for granted.

Remember.....your on there ON TRUST so keep your nose clean and hopefully......it will lead to more permission in the future.

GOOD LUCK :thumbs: