2 yrs old minature shetland stallion

Guest wayne

getting back to the subject people,heres some more pics of the shetland riding and driving

What part the country are u in? might be interested

Bry

from durham mate

:( bit far away

sorry

No offense Mate but I would have thought 2 yrs old was a little young for riding or driving, I could understand getting him used to the cart but surely he's not mature enough for work yet?

Not taking the piss mate but what sort of money would a quad like yours cost,As Im looking for one ..Rgds Don

No offense Mate but I would have thought 2 yrs old was a little young for riding or driving, I could understand getting him used to the cart but surely he's not mature enough for work yet?

no offence taken,me granda has had horses all his life,and brakes all his own horses in and when the shetland was a yearling he said we'll wait until he's nearly 2 and we'll brake him in he'll be ready as he was really quiet for a stallion so i trust his judgement and he's not worked as such he is execised on the cart every weekend and i might ride him out a couple of times aweek after school,(just to exercise him)what age would you brake a horse in like?

DONNY C,me dad paid £800 for the quad from a ATV supplier at wolsingham he also does trade ins and has second hand ones.

2 years is a good time to start them off, but really you want to start them on short light lessons either riding or driving and then turn them away to mature for a while. horses/ponies arent fully matured til they are 5 years old and many a good horse or pony is ruined by too much work too young, it puts strain on joints, backs etc its the same as working dogs really if you do too much too young with a pup you can risk sickening them.

good luck selling him tho he is a fine looking little pony :yes:

2 years is a good time to start them off, but really you want to start them on short light lessons either riding or driving and then turn them away to mature for a while. horses/ponies arent fully matured til they are 5 years old and many a good horse or pony is ruined by too much work too young, it puts strain on joints, backs etc its the same as working dogs really if you do too much too young with a pup you can risk sickening them.

good luck selling him tho he is a fine looking little pony :yes:

cheers B.Tyour probably right what you say mate but like i said earlier he's only execised a couple of times aweek as he's just on the tether all week,i'm only about 6 stone wet through so i can't imagine me putting any strain on his back and joints :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...