.22 bolt action and semi auto on same permission

After sending my certificate off along with a letter asking to get my 10/22 to use on my permission aswell as my bolt action CZ i've had a call back saying they wont let me as i already use the bolt action on my permissions and they are for the same reasons (vermin), but after explaining that the semi auto would be a huge help with more shots/quicker shots they still would'nt budge.

Does anyone have both guns for use on the same permission or are they just being funny with me as i've only had my FAC since august? Cheers, Liam..

After sending my certificate off along with a letter asking to get my 10/22 to use on my permission aswell as my bolt action CZ i've had a call back saying they wont let me as i already use the bolt action on my permissions and they are for the same reasons (vermin), but after explaining that the semi auto would be a huge help with more shots/quicker shots they still would'nt budge.

Does anyone have both guns for use on the same permission or are they just being funny with me as i've only had my FAC since august? Cheers, Liam..

You will have a hard time making them change their mind,as you already have that calibre.

Do you use night vision? if you do ,you could argue the semi for day time use,and the bolt as a dedicated nv set up,so you would not affect the accuracy of the rifles by adjusting them for day and night use,this would enable you to dispatch vermin precisely with minimal suffering.

So what other use is the 10/22 if not for vermin control?

You might have to wait, but next time you do your renewal, make sure you put vermin control down of every rifle you have applied for but to answer your question, yes I once had six rim fire rifles all granted for range and field use.

John

As i am in a gun club the 10/22 is for use in there only as i had it before my licence but had to keep it in the club safe, my bolt action and Fac air rifle are for use on my permissions. I told my self if they wouldnt allow it i would get rid of it for an fac air rifle that i still have a slot for and try for a one for one to get a .17 hmr or 223 as there is plenty of fox on my permission. (ACE32) i had my land check and interview with Chris and he was great but it's always a woman when they phone or i phone them ans she's abit more stubborn and wont budge. cheers, Liam..

As i am in a gun club the 10/22 is for use in there only as i had it before my licence but had to keep it in the club safe, my bolt action and Fac air rifle are for use on my permissions. I told my self if they wouldnt allow it i would get rid of it for an fac air rifle that i still have a slot for and try for a one for one to get a .17 hmr or 223 as there is plenty of fox on my permission. (ACE32) i had my land check and interview with Chris and he was great but it's always a woman when they phone or i phone them ans she's abit more stubborn and wont budge. cheers, Liam..

Ask your feo to pop around (get his direct phone number) so you can have a word with him f to f. Dedicated nv is a valid reason. Even more so if you have a unit there to fit. ;)

I have three btw all for vermin.

Ask your feo to pop around (get his direct phone number) so you can have a word with him f to f. Dedicated nv is a valid reason. Even more so if you have a unit there to fit. ;)

I have three btw all for vermin.

Good idea this one, i still have chris's mobile number so might be worth a try, i've been that pi@#ed off today i've already got it in the swap section for a fac rapid, because a few people told me that it shouldnt be a problem.

I'll give him a ring tomorrow and try and catch him before the new year. Cheers, Liam..

As i am in a gun club the 10/22 is for use in there only

A semi auto isn't exactly a target rifle for club shooting and AFAIK there isn't a practical .22rf discipline (might be wrong as I'm not a target shooter).

It's a mad old world, what difference will it make if you have one, two or six rifles for vermin control, there is simple no practical reason to stop you. I'd say I need the bolt action for day time walk about shooting and the bolt action for night shooting where you have to be a silent as possible, or the bolt action for range shooting, in fact you would prefer another bolt action target rifle or say straight that if you can not have the rim fire, can you have a centre fire bolt action instead. The department used to be a pain for me, but then I would keep chucking alternatives at them each being slightly worse than the first until they eventually granted my original request. Bloody silly if you ask me.

John

As i am in a gun club the 10/22 is for use in there only

A semi auto isn't exactly a target rifle for club shooting and AFAIK there isn't a practical .22rf discipline (might be wrong as I'm not a target shooter).

It's a mad old world, what difference will it make if you have one, two or six rifles for vermin control, there is simple no practical reason to stop you. I'd say I need the bolt action for day time walk about shooting and the bolt action for night shooting where you have to be a silent as possible, or the bolt action for range shooting, in fact you would prefer another bolt action target rifle or say straight that if you can not have the rim fire, can you have a centre fire bolt action instead. The department used to be a pain for me, but then I would keep chucking alternatives at them each being slightly worse than the first until they eventually granted my original request. Bloody silly if you ask me.

John

My mate has (2) 10/22's for gallery rifle............no issue in Scotland.thumbs.gif

I applied for 22lr bolt, 22lr semi & fac air on my first app' earlier this year for vermin control & had all 3 excepted (with mods')only had 1 permission passed, guess its all down to the post code lottery , why isn't there a standard set right across the country instead of all these differences from force to force, its verging on farcical, ATB in your dealings with feo. :thumbs: