Silly question lol

:icon_redface: Ok, I am just wondering really how people use fenn traps on Rabbits.

Are they baited? or placed on runs? same goes for cage traps?

Sorry, Abit silly I know.

Its just I should be coming into some permission at the end of the season (I dont have any proper permission yet) and would like to cover as many methods of Rabbiting as I can, so I got to start somewhere ;)

Hope you can help, any general advice would be welcome aswel

Hob&Jill :)

This is what I do for cage traps, but rather than write it all myself ..........

Taken from The Trap man website:

Place each rabbit trap in line with the hedgerow or ditch cop so that the bait lines run towards the next Rabbit Trap. Prepare the bait with fresh carrots cut lengthwise in to four, lay the bait just inside the live catch rabbit trap, place another piece right at the back of the live catch rabbit cage trap, place a line of bait 1mt apart between the live catch rabbit traps

http://www.trapman.co.uk/

works for me

fenn traps are simple to use. you simply scrap out a little trench as deep into the rabbit hole as possible, then place the trap in it and cover it with the soil,

they don't need to be baited.

you could perhaps be better off with bodygrip traps, never used them myself so others will put you right, but from what i am aware of is they are used on the actual rabbit run, and covered with an artifificial tunnel, or used in the gap's through fence's.

im sure if you search on here, something about fenn traps willpop up :good:

fenn traps are simple to use. you simply scrap out a little trench as deep into the rabbit hole as possible, then place the trap in it and cover it with the soil,

they don't need to be baited.

you could perhaps be better off with bodygrip traps, never used them myself so others will put you right, but from what i am aware of is they are used on the actual rabbit run, and covered with an artifificial tunnel, or used in the gap's through fence's.

im sure if you search on here, something about fenn traps willpop up :good:

Hi, thanks for this.

Although I Dont quite understand that though. Do you just put it into a rabbit hole? What do you have to scrap out?

Thanks, Josh :)

Hi, thanks for this.

Although I Dont quite understand that though. Do you just put it into a rabbit hole? What do you have to scrap out?

Thanks, Josh :)

hi,you scrap the soil out just under the roof of the rabbit hole,just deep enough to place the trap in.Then you get some soil and cover the trap over(remember to take the safty catch off).The traps do not need to be baited as you are catching the rabbits as they go out the holes or if they are coming back in.I have used fenns for a number of years,if you can get hold of a copy of warreners rabbit control it shows you how to set them on that,if you are finding hard to find a copy send me a pm as i have it on vhs you can borrow.All the best mate BIGEDDIE.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

H&J; Pardon me if I'm about to state the obvious, mate. But, ye Do recognise, don't ye, that the ' Fenn Trap ' to be used against rabbits is - and Only is - the " Fenn Mk VI " or " Springer Mk 6 " ?

While doctors may differ and experts discuss, they're much the same trap and ye'll have to work out which - if any - ye prefer through usage. But the Law does state that it's Got To be those larger, heavier, stronger traps for bun's. The " Mark 4 " type of traps were simply never intended to be used against rabbits and simply aren't up to the job.

Incidentally; Start right and buy brand new traps, direct from a reputable suppliers. (No names, pack drill or favouritism here, but...) " Moley " springs to mind. At least he should prove easier to find and deal with than the actual manufacturers. Avoid anyone with the names " Ian ", " Woods ", "UK " or "Control " in their title, at all costs! It'll likely end up All cost and No goods! Stay away from eBay too. Stuff on there will, likely, be either chinese or else clapped out. Why pay good money for a bad experiance to start with?

Having shocked and stunned yeself with the sobering realisation of just how much a dozen of these damn things will set ye back, come back to us. IF, that is, ye decide ye can't live without spending so much money on what ammounts to damn hard work in search of a few bun's.

Take it that far and I'll talk to ye about a few more things ye obviously haven't figured yet. But don't worry; It gets cheaper! :D

H&J; Pardon me if I'm about to state the obvious, mate. But, ye Do recognise, don't ye, that the ' Fenn Trap ' to be used against rabbits is - and Only is - the " Fenn Mk VI " or " Springer Mk 6 " ?

While doctors may differ and experts discuss, they're much the same trap and ye'll have to work out which - if any - ye prefer through usage. But the Law does state that it's Got To be those larger, heavier, stronger traps for bun's. The " Mark 4 " type of traps were simply never intended to be used against rabbits and simply aren't up to the job.

Incidentally; Start right and buy brand new traps, direct from a reputable suppliers. (No names, pack drill or favouritism here, but...) " Moley " springs to mind. At least he should prove easier to find and deal with than the actual manufacturers. Avoid anyone with the names " Ian ", " Woods ", "UK " or "Control " in their title, at all costs! It'll likely end up All cost and No goods! Stay away from eBay too. Stuff on there will, likely, be either chinese or else clapped out. Why pay good money for a bad experiance to start with?

Having shocked and stunned yeself with the sobering realisation of just how much a dozen of these damn things will set ye back, come back to us. IF, that is, ye decide ye can't live without spending so much money on what ammounts to damn hard work in search of a few bun's.

Take it that far and I'll talk to ye about a few more things ye obviously haven't figured yet. But don't worry; It gets cheaper! :D

Yeh, Dont worry I did realise that, I been lookign at a few sites and all state the mk6 is for Mink and Rabbit.

Blimy, I feckin realised that too :icon_eek: I meen Im only 16 and dont earn, so I can only afford 3 maximum traps for now, So I know I wont exactly been making much a 'dent' in the population, but as I said at the start, I got to start somewhere. If I get on well and enjoy it I may buy a few more.

I like the look of the 'Bodygripper' traps Magnum ones, the look quite good.