Grey x saluki

A guy in my town is having this as a planned breeding after christmas dam is the greyhound sire is a saluki x grey .

Have had a few nights on the lamp with the sire and he is mustard on the lamp , also good daytime :whistling:

Dam is a rescue grey hound from a track that he has rehomed for this breeding .

Whats everyones opinion on this cross , will these throw to the sire or the dam ?

I will want it as a day and night dog and maybe a ferreting partner although i'm not fussed if it doesn't take to ferrets .

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I THINK THE PUPS WILL BE VERY HOUNDY.TAKE YOUR TIME WHEN PICKIN YOUR PUP.ATB

Can you explain what you mean by houndy ??

Roxy i know it is down to how i socilise the pup with the pugs , i was thinking more of how it will take to ferreting , i know saluki x's are not the usual choice for a ferreting dog as they are more at home at the chase i suppose only time will tell :thumbs:

My dogs sire is this way bred and he's a great dog.

Endless stamina, awesome daytime and great on the lamp. Hunts up really well and as expected pace to burn. Also very good jumper.

He is 6 now and I would be more than happy to own him.

Thats the sort of qualities i was hoping for just didnt know how much of the suluki qualitys would be left after this mating :hmm:

Roxy i know it is down to how i socilise the pup with the pugs , i was thinking more of how it will take to ferreting , i know saluki x's are not the usual choice for a ferreting dog as they are more at home at the chase i suppose only time will tell :thumbs:

Can,t see any reason why it shouldn,t make a half decent ferreting dug if entered properly,atb :thumbs:

Can,t see any reason why it shouldn,t make a half decent ferreting dug if entered properly,atb :thumbs:

I MEANT BYE VERY HOUNDY A 3QUARTER GREW /QSAL.ALOT OR ALL THE PUPS WILL BE FLUNG TO THE GREWS SIDE THEYLL BE NEARLY FULL GREWS WHEN THEY GROW UP.ID CHOOSE MY PUP AROUND TEN WKS IF POSSIBLE AND BE LOOKING FOR SOME INDECATIONS OF SALUKI IN IT.FOR FERRETING I CHOOSE A DIFFERENT TYPE OF ANIMAL.ATB AGL.

What do you think would need breeding into sal/whip/grey for them to have balls for reds pre ban?

Bull or Deerhound maybe?

IVE BRED THIS TYPE A FEW TIMES TO B/COLLIES AND BULL AND THEYVE DONE RED NO PROBS.IVE HAD A COUPLE S/G/W THAT HAVE ALSO DONE RED NO PROBS.ATB