air arms s410 gauge leaking

Welcome to the forum Steve :gunsmilie:

Is it possible that the Guage has worked loose perhapse? Try tightening it buy turning it to the right a little and see if that helps?

If not, then someone will be along to help you out further :D

Phantom

hi steve

is the AA Anti Tamper or pre Anti Tamper?,

if its pre AT then you will be able to take it off and change the seal,but before you do this make sure all the air is out of the cylinder complete!!!

if its Anti Tamper then you will have to take it to a gunsmith :thumbdown:

or you can drill out the blank your self,and take out the hex screw and chage the seal :thumbs:

hope this helps

regards

davy

Hi All

Just found my AA s410 is leaking air from the pressure gauge. It is coming from the small drilling in the side of the gauge. Does this mean the seal is worn or do I need to replace the gauge. thanks in advance

Steve

Where about are you Steve ?

hi steve

is the AA Anti Tamper or pre Anti Tamper?,

if its pre AT then you will be able to take it off and change the seal,but before you do this make sure all the air is out of the cylinder complete!!!

if its Anti Tamper then you will have to take it to a gunsmith :thumbdown:

or you can drill out the blank your self,and take out the hex screw and chage the seal :thumbs:

hope this helps

regards

davy

Hi All

Just found my AA s410 is leaking air from the pressure gauge. It is coming from the small drilling in the side of the gauge. Does this mean the seal is worn or do I need to replace the gauge. thanks in advance

Steve

Where about are you Steve ?

Hi Davy

Sorry about the delay in reply, christmas chaos, anyway yes mate its pre A/T so i am going into bagnalls in newcastle tommorrow to get a new seal and give it a go.

Thanks mate

steve

no problem steve :thumbs:

and take note of buster's advise too!!

There are 3 seals on that `dog leg ` where the guage is mounted .

S536

S427

RN219-9

All easy enough to install . The S536 can be difficult to allign , as there is a bolt through it , patience is the key .

nice one bustie!! :thumbs:

regards

davy

• 10 months later...

looks like mine may have the same issue. At first it wouldn't charge at all, but the cocking it before charging helped here. Then when the rifle accepted some air the gage started leaking. I'm yet to take off the stock but this thread look like it will be ultra-useful. Thanks all for sharing.