THE RABBITING MAN

Country Joe

Dvd by Chipper Smith given free in CW,thought the camera work was pretty crap,the thing about ferreting dvds, once they have hit the nets a few times, seen a locator used, and watched a couple of digs, you fall asleep, the best I have seen are P Lloyds, at least he tells a novice little tips,

Getting back to this DVD I have never seen as many dodgy Rabbit punches, don't they know how to dispatch a rabbit, there is one sequence when Chipper chins a rabbit in the net, then when releasing it from the net discovers its still alive, and his mates rabbit punches are something else.

On the plus side, he has a useful Dog.

• Like 1

I think there room for a good 'complete guide to starting ferreting' dvd. Could cover all the different kit needed, using different locators, setting purse nets and longnets, how to neck rabbits, gutting, skinning, making nets and pegs, how to dig properly, general advice on keeping working ferrets, housing/feeding etc. Thats probably not even half the stuff that could be covered. Might not be the most exiting dvd but I think it would be very helpful to people looking to start. Luckily for me I was kind of born into it, but if your just a newbie without a clue I can imagine it would be a pretty daunting hobby to start!

atb,

HJ

I think there room for a good 'complete guide to starting ferreting' dvd. Could cover all the different kit needed, using different locators, setting purse nets and longnets, how to neck rabbits, gutting, skinning, making nets and pegs, how to dig properly, general advice on keeping working ferrets, housing/feeding etc. Thats probably not even half the stuff that could be covered. Might not be the most exiting dvd but I think it would be very helpful to people looking to start. Luckily for me I was kind of born into it, but if your just a newbie without a clue I can imagine it would be a pretty daunting hobby to start!

atb,

HJ

Totally agree, if making a ferreting dvd you have to be imaginative, if you just show Rabbits bolting, and a bit of digging, the Dog catching a few, your mind starts to wander, and you can feel the zzzz coming on