Mike brown whippets?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mike brown didnt become well known because he has worked his dogs, and thats a fact, he became well known because he used to sell his dogs using the "LAGUNA" name, (which wasnt/isnt his to use,) lyla

I have nothing against anyone breeding working dogs I do however hate people breeding working dogs that dont get them out and work them but will bull shit you when you get there and tell you they are

Bottom line im 24 iv only worked whippets for 12 years and raced greyhounds since i can remember i dont debate that a man breeding longer than i have lived will have forgoten more than i know but when

Posted Images

Get a grip man. Mikes stuff is from show stock . And as for whippets being left in the stone age if it wasnt for mike brown what a load of rubbish . As for me being a hypocrite I think not there not from him my original bitch was off a lad that works whippets hard and was willing to prove it she is half sooty sam lines the other half is show and coursing stuff mixed if this lad had show whippets theyd work just aswell and I would still of had one off him because he works them and can prove it not just say it . Mike bred good stuff to good stuff years ago but not any more go and take a look in his yard with your own eyes and you will see

Guest crobinc840

Get a grip man. Mikes stuff is from show stock . And as for whippets being left in the stone age if it wasnt for mike brown what a load of rubbish . As for me being a hypocrite I think not there not from him my original bitch was off a lad that works whippets hard and was willing to prove it she is half sooty sam lines the other half is show and coursing stuff mixed if this lad had show whippets theyd work just aswell and I would still of had one off him because he works them and can prove it not just say it . Mike bred good stuff to good stuff years ago but not any more go and take a look in his yard with your own eyes and you will see

We don't have to go to the yard to have a look

My link

Now that's a lot of dogs. :blink:

so the guy breeds whippets i have been in the field with pups of his dogs would i give some of them house room yes no were did i call anybody a hypocrite i dont throw the dummy out of bed becouse someone say something i dont like. the guys dogs do there talking in the field were it should be done. i know there is show breeding in his line you will get people that dont like it becouse of this to me a whippet a whippet it will do what it says on the tin on i dont judge a dog on breeding i look at it in the field were it should be whippet/lurcher or what ever let the dog do the talking end of.

Guest crobinc840

I never said I disliked the guy or what what he was doing.

The fact is I would never want to work that hard to make a line, I commend him for working so hard when so many are making a buck from his name. I would not wish that of anything I might produce. If I have a few pups I will only chose one, but I wouldn'nt cull or kill any. I would chose a good home for each pup like any good breeder should do.

Mikes line is ok nothing special dogs can be very varied in size and shape some make 23 itts some are very heavy others can turn out very lean and small and some look very good indeed but I wouldnt say they all breed to the strong type he is known for I have seen quite a few work all different sizes and shapes the ones that are owned by good dog lads worked well both day and night the ones that had novice owners wernt as good .as you would expect same as any dog not entered correctly . I have nothing against this line of dog some of my friends work them and they do it well . I am against false advertising ,and selling dogs of the backs of good dog men and taking the credit they deserve If some one wants mikes lines id say go to some one that breeds his line that actualy works them and is worthy of giving a pup the stamp of working stock

so you know people who work this line to a satisfactory standard, yet mb is false advertising?? Think before you start typing away. And the majority of mb whippets I've seen have all been strong in type. So what would you consider to be an ideal whippet for work? Obviously you would want something built for the job? "example" You wouldnt buy a mini to go off roading. when you are in dogs long enough you will learn not to judge a book by it cover.

No such thing as a working line people make out mike has invented some new type of whippet . What utter shit all he has done is buy in dogs that look the part and breed from them nothing more . He keeps no pups back to carry on his line he just buys them in as adults when he needs a replacement. Same with his studs including ss all brought in as older dogs and not bought on from pups . None that I know of other than Sooty sam have worked. So how is this a working line . All credit should go to the lads that have brought on a pup to work and work them hard not mike all he does is mate two dogs together he dont put in the leg work that has made his so called line of dog famous he just the hancock of the whippet world

you have your own opinion, thats fair enough. But I've stated the obvious. Its like me going to buy a Labrador from a pet home, and then training it to work with the gun. Yes, it'll work to a certain extent with the right training and entering, but would it be as good or better than one that is bred for work?? The answer to that is NO! Same goes with terriers, I wouldnt buy a border from show stock, and expect it to be a top class digging dog would I. Point proven. ive seen many agood working terrier and ill say to you again never judge a book by its cover as any digging man will tell you.

onthebeam when you are in dogs long enough you will learn not to judge a book by it cover.

I've been in this game for a long time now, and its got nothing to with, dont judge a book by its cover, its about experience and what I've witnessed over the years. And I'll say it again, yes any whippet of any shape and size will catch rabbits, if the animal is in the right hands. But if the dog is not built for the job, what are the chances of it withstanding a hard working life? The answer to that is very little. Take davids photo for instance, the whippets there are all strong in type and bred for the job. And there not your average whippet. Cracking photo anyway David.

i had a whippet dog of show breeding look nothing like david dogs small in his make up you would run hard and long to have a dog like him. you say you in the game a long time then you should no better than to judge a book by its cover.

sounds like you just landed lucky to me. You probably will get the odd one out of a show bred litter that will do well in the field. But come on, be realistic, and think logic. Like I said previous. Theres a big difference in a dog that works, to a dog thats bred for work, fact. Or as you say champions make champions, so on and so on. Any I've finished with this topic for good now, I've aired my veiws. But I'll leave you with your half witt reply. Never judge a book by its cover.