impresive flight on youtube

danny boi

no wonder its dead flying it next to a main road all u can here in this clip is traffic f****n car hawkers

I would not exactly call that car hawking.. :blink: ..

not exacly a suppose but driving about then flying the bird next to a busy road like thats asking for bother if u ask me but i tell u that bird was amazing bit of a waste of a good bird

I would not say that road was busy either matey..flying any bird of prey has it's hazard's even on the best of land..for all we know that bird that was killed could of been killed 5 mile away from where it was originally slipped..

I park my car up like the fellow in the video and take my hawk out the box and go fly..they is no busy road's within 2 mile but they is nothing saying the bird wont end up near the road after a long flight..

I agree that is one awsome bit of flying.. :thumbs:

thats not car hawking. nor is it a busy road, sometimes when pursuit flying the only way to get a slip is to use a car, a friend of mine has a spar who recently broke its keel by flying into a tree, roads are not the most hazerdous for the birds when the roads are like the one on video, there is virtually no traffic. the way i see it, wild peregrines are now living in city's taking pigeons, pigeons are often on the road eating crumbs etc. how many times have you seen a dead peregrine on a road?

• Like 1

I have no idea if the bird was killed on that stretch or could well have met its demise on a busier road, somtimes desperation sneaks in when you've been driving around looking for a decent slip and before you know it there's the perfect slip near a roadside, not good I know! but when the adrenlin is flowing many of us take all sorts of risks and regret it afterwards :cry: . Hopefully when a tragedy happens we never repeat it.

I have a pal who's bird "Bart" starred in a well known Rook/Crow hawking video, He's doesn't fly Goshawks anymore but I bet even now his arse nips when he sees some of them slips again :laugh:

I would not say that road was busy either matey..flying any bird of prey has it's hazard's even on the best of land..for all we know that bird that was killed could of been killed 5 mile away from where it was originally slipped..

I park my car up like the fellow in the video and take my hawk out the box and go fly..they is no busy road's within 2 mile but they is nothing saying the bird wont end up near the road after a long flight..

I agree that is one awsome bit of flying.. :thumbs:

well its obvoiusly a busy road 1 you can hear traffic and 2 i drive the road some times and no its a well used road so i think in this case millet be best just to shut up

I have no idea if the bird was killed on that stretch or could well have met its demise on a busier road, somtimes desperation sneaks in when you've been driving around looking for a decent slip and before you know it there's the perfect slip near a roadside, not good I know! but when the adrenlin is flowing many of us take all sorts of risks and regret it afterwards :cry: . Hopefully when a tragedy happens we never repeat it.

I have a pal who's bird "Bart" starred in a well known Rook/Crow hawking video, He's doesn't fly Goshawks anymore but I bet even now his arse nips when he sees some of them slips again :laugh:

i tend to try and avoid roads as much as i can with the hawk and the dogs just a recipe for desaster but thats just my opinion and i have managed to keep dogs and bird safe for years and long may it continue and the urge for that desprate last slip or flight has long since gone with me made a few mistakes early in my hunting life and never made them again i ruined a couple of good dogs due to that desperate last slip

I spoke to the guy who "starred" in the video and he was a little upset at his "car hawker" tag, So, he has knocked up a cadge and mounted it on the back of his Raleigh Chopper and now cycles around looking for slips. He asked me to pass on his thanks, as you guys have changed his life.

oh my god thats the funniest thing iv ever read in my life how long did it take you to think that one up or did u steal it straight out of a primary ones school book .you saying you have never dun a bit of car hawking yourself

Edited by brianL84