Location of safe?

Hi guys, Applying for my SGC, the FEO has made his appointment.

Just a bit of advice really?? Do you think this will get rejected? I originally wanted it in the loft but got told (Not by my FEO, that it would be a bad idea as id be less likely to put it away after a shoot)

Anyway, ive drawn (I use the term loosly) on paint to try to aid in explanation, My room (bedroom) in a bungalow has an external door, its never used my beds up against it, not been used in 2 years, it also has 2 external windows, Ive fitted the safe to a Brick/Block wall, under my desk, its pretty well hidden as no-one ever comes in this room bar me and my gf anyway, (someone mentioned a coat of some kind to stop people looking through the windows??) but that window that would look at it the blind is never open on anyway...

heres the pics so you get more of an idea, im crap at paint, even worse at wording :)

Overhead.jpg

safe.jpg

Im not immediatly wanting to get a gun, my instructor reccomended getting a SGC so I can go down, buy cartridges and shoot a rental so its cheaper than keep paying lessons.

I'm sure an expert will be along shortly...

In the mean time the FEO will want to know that your security arrangements are suitable for the risk present in your area, if you live in a low crime area he / she will probably be ok with it.

Just a thought but could't you cut out the back of the wardrobe and hide the safe that way?

Good luck,

Mick.

Funny thing happened with the wardrobe, I cut the back out, drilled 3 holes, went to drill the 4th and hit some metal trunking, turned out there was a plug socket behind there, slap bang where the safe was going to fit, So now ive got 3 holes and a cut out in the back of my wardrobe :D

Edited by Dan_Mercian

Funny thing happened with the wardrobe, I cut the back out, drilled 3 holes, went to drill the 4th and hit some metal trunking, turned out there was a plug socket behind there, slap bang where the safe was going to fit, So now ive got 3 holes and a cut out in the back of my wardrobe :D

I'd stick the safe in the wardrobe if you can mate.

Good luck with the interview.

just drill new fixing hole in cabinet to accommodate for this,mine only has two fixing holes anyway.top and bottom :thumbs:

HI DAN . NOT THE BEST PLACE TO BUT IT, MOST PEOPLE PUT IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM .

IF NOT USEING THE WORDROB WHY NOT TAKE THE BACK OF , THEN IT CAN BOLTED TO WALL, PROVIDING ITS AN OUTSIDE WALL ( OR SUPORTING BLOCK WALL) THEN IT WILL NOT BEE SEEN

BY WONDERING EYES.MUCH EASER TO HAVE IT STANDING UP . HOPE ALL GOES WELL ON THE DAY WITH THE FEO .

DERBOY