at last!!!

Guest stewie

this has been doing my head in for months now but ive finally traced down the breeder of the bluehound today and im happy with the results!!!! turns out his name was tyke and bred up in barnsley on 10 june 2009. well at about 4 months old he had a fight with a litter mate so the breeder split them up but he tried to climb over the fence to get back to them but got caught up and broke his rear hock in the process!!! the breeder was gutted as this dog was his pick of the litter and he had high hopes for him but he knew he would never race now so got him fixed up and gave him away as a pet to a couple but he was to mental (which i can imagine :laugh: ) to have in the house all the time so they handed him in to a dogs home near rotherham who had him three months and were gonna put him down untill the rescue centre in derby came along and then he came to me!!!! he says the rest of the litter are doing well and one won its 1st race at harrogate last night :toast: the bloke was made up that he is turned out ok and found a good home but warned me about his hock which i knew about anyway and (touch wood) seems ok even richard torr said he will be ok for general working when he checked the hock out but would never be any good for racing proper which is fine by me!!! heres is his pedigree they are just names to me to be honest but ive heard of honcho so if anyone can tell me anymore about the dogs in his line it would be appreciated :victory: :victory:

Sire - Groovy stan

Dam - Nusha

Top honcho has been used over alot of greyhounds but that's because he produces good stuff, shame how he ended up in the rescue centre though, but im sure he is enjoying life now. :thumbs:

He died several years ago. Maybe you already knew that and that's what you meant by your last comment.

how did you find the breeder. im after tracking down the breeding of a grey i have. i have just been told to ring the stud book people. any tips would be helpfull.

If you have the tattoo number - then just put it in to the database.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/earmark.htm

i tried that chook and on other sites but he isnt registered so no good the only way i found anything out was ringing the stud book so ERYRI ring 01638 667381 the women i spoke to was very helpful and found his details in 2 mins!!! :thumbs: