hows your season going

Hi del , have had a real good start to the season , had my bag limit a few times now , also had a good few geese greys, pinks can't waite till, wed, thurs this week.... when the moon is right ,so i can hopefully gut under some " Anser brachyrhynchus" ....

DEL, I was up at Bankend Friday to Sunday and visited old haunts like Brow Well, Mosside & Priestside and I couldn't believe how few wildfowlers were out; is the count (pinks)down again this year? I don't shoot them anymore but just wanted to get under them in that wind. That was some blow on.

DEL, I was up at Bankend Friday to Sunday and visited old haunts like Brow Well, Mosside & Priestside and I couldn't believe how few wildfowlers were out; is the count (pinks)down again this year? I don't shoot them anymore but just wanted to get under them in that wind. That was some blow on.

Hi mate did you have any luck?

Hi mate did you have any luck?

I had luck finding the birds Del but I don't shoot them anymore, just watch them. I have to admit I had such an urge to get the old 10 bore out and have a pop. I spent two days at Caerlaverock but it was great to go over old ground. For some years I used to go out with Jed Heath or Davey Campbell but I went my own way in the end and had more success that way. The place ain't changed at all, still magical place and I'll be back up in a few weeks.

Great flight inland last night, 6 Mallard and 5 Teal (including 2 to one shot :thumbs: )

Couldnt pick one of the mallard which landed on a patch of ice and the dog wouldnt fetch it. Still its being chilled till the ice thaws :thumbs: