quack

fry

after a days shooting and not getting one single thing!!!! a friend and i were walking home and noticed 2 mallards on the marshland, so i pulled my Ligtning XL out of the bag. scoped up, headshot. the duck went down, but i swear to god the f**king thing took 9 shots to the head point blank with my friends HW77k thats well over the legal limit.

needless to say, i really think that shooting ducks with air rifles is very bad practice, and i learned from my mistake.

ive done a lot of duck hunting pal with air rifle yeah headshots only to put it down then you have to get wet and ring its neck to make sure this time of year i'd only shoot at male groups for obvious reasons, your right you do have to stay in stealth mode all the the time good fun tho and tastes brilliant :thumbs: good luck on your next trip, good hunting :gunsmilie:

ive done a lot of duck hunting pal with air rifle yeah headshots only to put it down then you have to get wet and ring its neck to make sure this time of year i'd only shoot at male groups for obvious reasons, your right you do have to stay in stealth mode all the the time good fun tho and tastes brilliant :thumbs: good luck on your next trip, good hunting :gunsmilie:

You shouldn't shoot at any ducks this time of year, even males because they are NOT IN SEASON. The seaon runs from 1st sept - end of january. :wallbash:

• Like 1

You shouldn't shoot at any ducks this time of year, even males because they are NOT IN SEASON. The seaon runs from 1st sept - end of january. :wallbash:

look at the date of the post :doh:

atb sneeky

i have lost interest in shootin em to be fair got plenty of rabbit permissions, and the mallards on my allotment are so tame you could kill one with a stick so it seems a bit un sporting to shoot em even in season. which i know aint now. but i still reckon one shot in the head would kill one dead :thumbs:

look at the date of the post :doh:

atb sneeky

Yes, i know the original post was made during the shooting season however i was replying to "MickyB" who's post was on the 24th april (out of the shooting season) saying "this time of year i'd only shoot males". But to shoot male mallard in april is against the law ;)

kobidog i know its out of season (what he does on his permission is none of my buisiness) i didnt realize how old the post was just pointing out to the origanal poster i wouldnt shoot females or pairs this time of year just male groups so if you want a dispute have one with the wife not me :feck::wallbash:

Edited by MickyB