swelling on ferrets neck

scal

hi lads hoping you can give me some advice havent much faith in going to vets my buck ferret has developed a swelling around his neck mainly underneath below his jaw hes about 5 yrs old hasent been near any rats dosent appear to have been bitten has any of you come across this any advice would be welcome ill more than likely end up taking him in to vets he dosent seem sick and he is eating

If it's directly under the mouth it could be an abscess thats causing the swelling / lump.

Maybe a splinter of bone (if fed if he's fed on rabbit etc) has lodged between a tooth or in his gum.

not directly under the mouth kind of the adams apple area if a ferret has one he dosent appear agitated and his mouth is clear thanks man

hi lads hoping you can give me some advice havent much faith in going to vets my buck ferret has developed a swelling around his neck mainly underneath below his jaw hes about 5 yrs old hasent been near any rats dosent appear to have been bitten has any of you come across this any advice would be welcome ill more than likely end up taking him in to vets he dosent seem sick and he is eating

If you dont have faith in your vet then find another!!! If it is an abscess and you dont get it treated it will stop eating and can starve.... If its something more maligned like cancer then he will still be suffering a slow death.... Take him to a vet.

I totally agree with above comment. It doesn't matter a flying **** if you have faith in the vet. That ferret might be suffering....I know he may not show it but they are incredibly good at hiding pain. So get it to a vet ASAP. Or you will be guitly of causing possible unnecessay suffering!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD A SIMILER THING WITH A JILL AND IT WAS A ABSES UNFORTUNATLY I LOST HER BECAUSE IT WAS NOT VISABLE AND GREW INWARDS AND SUFERCATED HER SO I WOULD GET YOUR HOB LOOKED AT BY A VET IF U WANT IT TO LIVE.

IF IT IS AN ABSES THE VET WILL PROBLEY DRAIN IT THERE AND THEN ITS NOT AN EXSPENSIVE DO