cod from the beach

not going to easy.........codling is the best you can hope for i would say

dont know the south for fishing.....but if you want decent fish i would say you will need to get out on a boat.

hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will give you an idea of somewhere to go

cheers

sean

if you can cast 200 yrds into a gale force wind, dungeness power station is good .dover admiralty pier but you wont hold bottom when tide pulls ,deal pier but again youve got to cast 200 yds from the bottom deck straight out you can hold bottom for a bit longer into tide,the best place would be folkstone pier if its still open?you can hold bottom right through tide, chance of a conger aswell

Chesil beach is supposed tobe producing a few fish a mate had a couple of codling + a nice bass around 6lb a couple of weeks ago,

I like the bristol channel Lilstock can be good, walk right along to the left fish below the watch tower 2hrs down to low tide and 2 hrs up its a hard walk across the reef but can produce good fish, fish beside the pipe infront of the car park on the incoming tide you need to cast 120 yards+ to avoid snags. there's a lot of other marks up the channel too that can be good.

good luck with where you choose :thumbs:

cheers for replys.went to visit me bro in weston super mare about a week ago and seen a bloke who had a couple of codling.looked a bit small to be in his bag though :thumbdown: .thinking either there or chesil.dont think i can manage 200 yrds.reckon 150 max.not fished the beach here much at all.done a bit in gambia and quite alot in oz so got the hang of me beachcasters.just looking forward to having a bash.any fish will do but would love a cod :thumbs:

if you can cast 200 yrds into a gale force wind, dungeness power station is good .dover admiralty pier but you wont hold bottom when tide pulls ,deal pier but again youve got to cast 200 yds from the bottom deck straight out you can hold bottom for a bit longer into tide,the best place would be folkstone pier if its still open?you can hold bottom right through tide, chance of a conger aswell

good advice there mate,used to fish them areas years ago especially dungeness where the boils are in the water,regularly took the odd codling,although as said getting out on a boat is going to give more of a chance :thumbs:

severn beach is producing a lot of codling at present easy fishing off the new sea defences on big spring tides, chesil is also good my mate had a black bream and a big plaice off there a few weeks back, portishead is fishing well too.

Wish Chesil was my local beach so many species to go at all year round. Was meant to be having a night this week but weather looks to have put an end to that. May give the humber a go if it hasn't calmed down by the weekend.

Edited by Plong

Wish Chesil was my local beach so many species to go at all year round. Was meant to be having a night this week but weather looks to have put an end to that. May give the humber a go if it hasn't calmed down by the weekend.

on the down side at chesil my mate said while they was there a boat came and dropped a huge net the length of the beach 300 yards out while all the anglers on the beach shouted abuse at the twit. :thumbdown: