what are the best excuses a land owner has given you for not letting you on there land?

I remember once years ago i found a load of local farms on the o/s map and wrote to them all asking permission for ferreting, shooting, deer stalking, whatever they needed sorting. I had a few calls saying your welcome, come along, i had a few calls saying thankyou for your letter but the answers no because.........., and i had one bunny hugging twat phone up and call me every type of cruel b*****d that walks the plannet, at one point in the conversation he even said "if you ever shoot a deer i will shoot you i will"! Lol!

My Dog wandered on to a park with no stock.Mad farmer started scearing at me. I will shoot the dog and that will be the end of it.So i told the prick.No mate that will be the start of it.He phoned the police.They came out right away started haveing a go at me.Then i told them when he was in my face .He had a loaded shotgun on him.He was sent back to his farm.I was left to go on my way.I find knowing the law comes in handy.:thumbs:

i was told that the lad that dos the nighbours farm did it......what .........the pigeon shooting ...i did no more then start to get my gun and stuff out the car when he sed what do you think your doing i sed that it was me that did the pigeons .....i now do the lot and the dog are on his land to :thumbs:

Me and a pal once went door knocking for deerstalking permission. We saw a Roe buck on this ground so decided to go and ask. At the top of this drive was a sign saying, private, please contact the number before preceeding. So we called the number and told the lady what we were doing and she rplied. "I have no deer on my ground", "well, i said, if that field next to the apple orchard is yours then there is a roe buck standing in it now". "Yes that is my field, but i don`t want them shooting cos we like to see them". Why the silly cow didn`t say that in the first place is beyond me. :wallbash:

But it pays to be curtious even when they say no.

fozzy