i once bolted a fox whilst out fereting it bolted from an unnetted hole and sat at the side of the hole why i was sat 10ft away and it just satthere and looked at me until i stood up.. lol

your ferret bolted a fox?

This is the second time ive heard of this, the ferret walked out fine apparently, but i know the lad wouldnt lie so i beleive him.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good shout :thumbs:

I'm currently working at a Hospice where there literally hundreds of rabbits.The first few hours i was itching to bag them, but it's real nice thing to see. Not everything that moves needs to be killed does it ?

I am lookin for a hospice with a view like that. .then I might have a walk over the fens.its sport!

i was out with the lamp last night funning my whippet x bitch getting her back to fitness after a long rest due to a bad injury .

she is a rabbit dog and i dont ask her to do anything else. anyway i was looking on a field deep in the fens which holds a good head of rabbits that are regualy sitting tight a long way out , the first scan revieled 20 or so rabbits out with us positioned between safty

we walked out trying to get closer when i didnt think i could push any closer i slipped and faye was in hot persuit after a few twists the rabbit found home and she started her long trott back when those big orange disks entered the field trotting around the back side of the field to take position up wind of us.

faye saw it and decided to see what it was she proceeded to chace and when she turned it for the second time back into open ground the fox turnned face on to her as she stopped ....

not 3 feet apart and looking eye to eye faye sat and played her submissive gesture as if she was meeting a bigger dog for the first time i thought this is it the dog fox is going to take full advantage but it didnt

having a little sniff and vice versa they began what i can only see as a game of kiss chase dog chasing fox and fox chasing dog.

i called to faye she returned straight to hand with mr fox in tow the fox came so close i could of kicked it where i stood

when it finally noticed my precence it moved away to about 20 feet where it stayed for the 4 fields home gradualy extending the distance yet never more than 80 yards away always looking stopping when i did walking when i did

i went back and squeeked in what i think is the same fox this morning again in came in easily stopping short about 40 yards bold as brass i watched for a while before returning home after the fox left

anyone had anything like this happen to them

my dog is no where near her season and these foxes are normaly smelt but not seen could it be a city fox that has been dumped lokked healthy

Thats a great story,,even if the bitch was no where near her season, i would still believe that the fox is a young dog and his sexual desire has over ridden his emotional capacity as a species, meaning hes just got to that age in a canine where they're begining to get a bit frisky and this has a stronger drive in him than his fear of your little bitch,,best of luck with her,,