feed or not to feed

my ferrets are given a small bowl of food every day but if I am going out say on a Tuesday and its Saturday Just now I would give them a big bowl on Saturday and a Tiny bowl on Sunday on Monday they would get about half there normal amount in the afternoon and they'll get an egg in the morning before I go out, at lunch time I'll give them each A heart two lungs two kidneys and a liver of a rabbit, this keep them going fine all day without filling them up and making them lose desire to hunt.

so do you think a hungry ferret will hunt better than a full ferret?

a hungry ferret is more likely to kill below ground than a full ferret but like with all animals and including humans if they know that at the end of the day they will be fed if they work hard then they will 99 times out of 100 bear this in mind and work to a fuller potential than if there is no aim or goal for them to motivate them to do the task at hand

Hungry ferrets tire faster, thats why I send my ferrets out to work on a good English rabbit breakfast :D

:thumbs:

the ferrets shouldnt be starving and a light breakfast is recommended about 2 hours before you do the first bury. also once in the day they should be fed the "clean" organs of 1 rabbit (hear lungs liver kidneys) to keep them going, let them be hungry enough not to fall enough but full enough not to collapse, although the size of portions does depend on the ferret it really is a trial and error thing, experiment with feed sizes, just dont be cruel in the amounts you give them!

mine are always worked hungry, i dont feed them thru the day , they don,t fail thru the day , i,m out to catch rabbits and will gladly dig to any laid up, i have never dug to a sleeping ferret ,you cannot compare us to ferrets , we are designed differently