Labrador for stud

was wondering if any one would be interested in studding my lab dog with their bitch in the near future he has no papers but i no he is from wilson youngs breeding in the borders and has drakeshead blood in him i am currently trying to retreive his papers he is a well built large dog who hunts well and is only 16 months old great nature and was just wondering to keep his line running ?

Not having a go mate, but do you really know what his line is.

I would say put up a few pics, some close of him and some of him working.

Also what kind of work is he doing and can others vouch for him.

And lastly at 16 months it is still too young to say how good he really is.

Thats not to say he is not a good working dog and i look forward to looking at your reply mate.

ATB

Dave.

' timestamp='1288028858' post='1767386']

was wondering if any one would be interested in studding my lab dog with their bitch in the near future he has no papers but i no he is from wilson youngs breeding in the borders and has drakeshead blood in him i am currently trying to retreive his papers he is a well built large dog who hunts well and is only 16 months old great nature and was just wondering to keep his line running ?

what is his hip score and eye status?

i would never put my bitch to a dog with no papers and no way of knowing what is in the mix, not only that they would be hard to sell as anything other than pets to anyone who has a clue, not to mention the fact of hip/elbow scores and eye testing. people who breed any old dog with any old dog is half the reason why these conditions are so prevelent.

alreet lads just took in what ya sayin well ... i received the dog off a keeper freind who told me he had the papers but now i cannot get in toutch with him he does look like a drakeshead dog and hence i know he is only sixteen months old and is not a proven working dog but that is why i said in the future this is only because he is my dog and i would like to keepa pup back from him no need to have a go .... :S

yes i have some pics bt am unsure how to upload them ... :S and i am not taking offence mate :D ... i just really want to keep his line going eventually obviously i am not thinkin of breeding from him until he is much older ... but was just wondering peoples thoughts on it personally i know a few lads who would have a dog from working lines without papers as long as they were cheap and worked :)

' timestamp='1288165632' post='1769926']

i can also get any one i shoot with to vouch for him at retreiving ... and at flushing and hunting out game .... no hip and eyes scores as i got no papers with him

:censored: :censored: :censored: