sucess at last

well yesterday was a good day, a couple of mates came down and we managed to get my disco going after its head gasket failure. we then went to meet up with my hunt who were out, and as they were in a good spot we were hopingfor a mark to ground.

As we got there it was about 13.00 so this valley would be the last draw of the day, but probably the best as its riddled with holes, the hounds were already speaking and away down the valley, my old man was out already and he hollared one away from behind us, so we grabbed our dogs and headed over to him sharpish.

He had his russell to ground who had bolted two from a myriad of holes on some banking below a cauli field, but he said Jed was still to ground and baying, after a phone call to the huntman and a quick check with the landowner who gave us the permission to be here, 20 mins or so, we had cleared back the brambles and got a mark of at best 1.8 on the Otrtovox, and set about digging, around 45 mins to an hour later, just over a metre down we broke through?? and could see the dog looking up into the corner of the dig so we covered the hole above him and cleared around the back of him an blocked the tube behind, then re opened to the dog and cleared the loose soil away.

It was obvious that the fox had the advantage in its position slightly up hill and round the corner, as the russell just wouldnt get there but was very close!

We lifted Jed and tried Robs bigger dog Brock as he hasnt seen much yet,the dog done well sticking at the fox but wouldnt quite get there so we sent old man back to the trucks to get Flash who i have on trial to see if he ll work as a hunt terrier, any way back came dad with flash, collar on, dog in, fox out and humanely dispatched.

Back filled and tidied up was a good result. :thumbs:

sorry there is no pics we didnt have any cameras on us :icon_redface:

cheers for reading

heres one of flash aint got one of him drawing but hes a strong f****r.. yeah good day 2 pups started defers gunna keep flash now..

IMAG0020.jpg

not the best photo but the bugger wouldn't keep still hes around 15 to the shoulder just a bit bigger then spannable but his coat makes him look bigger..

ha ha oli made it sound better than it was we didnt clear back some brambles more like a field full.. im cut up to shit and it was easy going but we dug a big hole to have room to do things in.. the fox was round a corner up a slope then on a ledge the dogs done very well..