a quick shine with the pup

well was not planing on going out last night but had to pop to a mates to get my gun filled and he was not home till 10pm so i went and you no what men are like by the time we had stoped yapping it was 1am. time i got home all the lights were off. so i thourght stuff it ill take the pup out for a few slips (the wind was up).

so i set off got to the first fiald seen the first slip it was squatting so i walked up on to it got about 6 foot away and it was off. "GET ON" and she was off the rabbit made its way across the middle of the field towards a some thick bramble bushes raped around some wood. she had her head down just as the rabbit hit the bush so im thinking she will pull up now she will pull up now then whack she hit the bushes. my heart sank thinking she might have hurt her self but she came straight back and after a look over she seemed fine.

walked onto the next 3 fields and didnt see a thing.

next field there was 4 sat out in the middle i was just about to make a move to the edge were the warrens are when they started to make a move so i slipped she made good ground on it but as usual she well over ran it (she has started running full pelt instead of using her head) but soon made up the ground but this time when she got close to it she slowed down a bit so when the rabbit put in a turn she was still on it, the rabbit put in one more turn and she had it, it was a good take and she retrieved it straight away.

i had a look about in the next field and there was a single rabbit about 30 foot of the edge the dog seen it straight away so i slipped her she got about ten foot away from it before it made a move but it was to late she picked it up before it had a chance as she hit it she did a big role and i fort she had doped it but when she got up she had it in her mouth she started to retrieve it but this time instead of giving it to me she dropped it about 2feet away from me and it was off luckily she picked it straight up and gave it to me this time.

the next two fields she had 3 more runs but she was up to her old tricks full pelting at every thing and over running them on the first turn.

so i decided to call it a night and start heading back i didnt see any more rabbits till the last field (the first one i came on) there was a rabbit sat out in a small crater in the middle of the field. i could see it but the dog could not so i started my walk over to it got about 40 foot away from it and for some reason it ran full pelt at me so i slipped the dog she ran straight over it turned made up the ground then put a turn into it and cut it of from the edge it was trying to get home but my bitch was all over it it must have made about 10 a temps to get into the edge but she kept cutting if off. so the rabbit decided it would make a brack for the other edge but that was its mistake and my bitch had it before it got 20 feet away from the edge. this time she brought it straight to my hand.

so all in all it was a good night for the pup. she missed a few but hopefully she will learn from the ones she missed and learn to use her speed when she needs it instead of going full pelt all the time.

plz ignore the mess im in the middle of doing my back yard. :D

dscf1056e.jpg

Hi mate what age is the pup and what breed is it nice one mate she will learn in time nice write up

thanks

she is just over 12 months.

her mom is 1/4 collie 1/4bull 1/2grey dad is 5/8 3/8 bull grey so what ever that makes her.

Nice good write up thanks for sharing how old is she now? thinking of letting my 10 month old beddy whip watch a more experienced dog having a go too soon? or go for it?

12 months

i let mine look for a few nights before i slipped her

Well done mate.

I wouldn't go for Dulux soft sheen, try Brilliant white.

:good:

i dident no what the feck you were on about till i looked at the pic again :thumbs:

He's quite gay like that. You have to watch him. He's got that interior decorating thing goin for him. Queer as a football bat.

Well done mate.

i dident no what the feck you were on about till i looked at the pic again :thumbs:

He's quite gay like that. You have to watch him. He's got that interior decorating thing goin for him. Queer as a football bat.

Bored again are we.....

Well done mate.

Bored again are we.....

Dont you worry bout me Pierre. :thumbdown:

Well done mate.

Anyway, what would you know about painting living in those wooden things yall call homes..... :laugh:

Hullhunter, sorry about this.

Bored again are we.....

Dont you worry bout me Pierre. :thumbdown: