I saw one advertised for 400 quid the other day done 143k .

i have a p reg that is the facelift model , good off road if fitted with some applicable tyres especially the short wheelbase .

The electronic components can sometimes be a problem :blink: and can make you wanna tear your hair out but once you understand them , a simple little 4x4 to work on .

However if your looking for a pure 4x4 that will go anywhere your looking at the wrong vehicle .

ATB catchwrestler

hi all , whats your opinions on the ford maverick glx. 2.7 diesel 4x4.. and what can you expect to pay for something around m or n reg..?

I have a terrano, mate. Dunno if they're identical or not, but the terrano is a pile of sh1te. It handles like a trawler, goes like a slug, but refuses to stop with anything less than a weeks notice. It has constant electrical problems and breaks down so often, i've been invited to the RAC mans wedding. It's an 02 plate and it cost over 800 quid to MOT this year.

If Mavericks are even close to terrano's on build quality and reliability, then avoid it at all costs.

hi all , whats your opinions on the ford maverick glx. 2.7 diesel 4x4.. and what can you expect to pay for something around m or n reg..?

I have a terrano, mate. Dunno if they're identical or not, but the terrano is a pile of sh1te. It handles like a trawler, goes like a slug, but refuses to stop with anything less than a weeks notice. It has constant electrical problems and breaks down so often, i've been invited to the RAC mans wedding. It's an 02 plate and it cost over 800 quid to MOT this year.

If Mavericks are even close to terrano's on build quality and reliability, then avoid it at all costs.

I dont think the earlier ones had as much trouble as the later ones bert , the earlier ones are not bad on juice and mines quite nippy .

Saying that i know what you mean about the electrics but at least the earlier ones are quite easy to sort ,i have no idea about your models .

Land rover for me when i'm a bit more flush :thumbs:

i had a long wheel base 2.4 prtrol with over 170.000 miles on the clock. i would have another anyday. fantastic motors and the diesels reguly are seen with 200.000 miles on them. go to the maverick owners and ask on there...

you will get one that age for £750 / £1000 ..

look for rot on rear seatbelt mounts, thats were the welding usualy needs doing

I dont think the earlier ones had as much trouble as the later ones bert , the earlier ones are not bad on juice and mines quite nippy .

Saying that i know what you mean about the electrics but at least the earlier ones are quite easy to sort ,i have no idea about your models .

The oil warning light has been on for a year. I've chucked money at it, but there comes a point with old cars where you've gotta draw a line. So now i just dip the oil weekly. I try to avoid using the leccy windows because once open, it's anyones guess whether they'll close again. And it blows brake lights for fun !

As to MPG, if i'm really soft footed, it gets 19/20 ish to the gallon. Not great, but my last car was an evoVIII and that fecker supped it so fast there were a whirlpool in the tank lol

The oil warning light has been on for a year. I've chucked money at it, but there comes a point with old cars where you've gotta draw a line. So now i just dip the oil weekly. I try to avoid using the leccy windows because once open, it's anyones guess whether they'll close again. And it blows brake lights for fun !

As to MPG, if i'm really soft footed, it gets 19/20 ish to the gallon. Not great, but my last car was an evoVIII and that fecker supped it so fast there were a whirlpool in the tank lol

Blimey i feel for you mate worst i've had is replacing the throttle body sensor at £100 quid and i've had it 5 years

Blimey i feel for you mate worst i've had is replacing the throttle body sensor at £100 quid and i've had it 5 years

I've got a ticket for Fridays euro millions. If i win, that fecky terrano is going over the nearest cliff :laugh:

I've got a ticket for Fridays euro millions. If i win, that fecky terrano is going over the nearest cliff :laugh:

Get me a landrover 90 please theirs a pal :thumbs:

i got a 2.4 petrol converted to gas a little slugish, got bf goodrich all round, goes anywhere

i also got a 2.7 diesel really fast, again got off road tyres on and goes anywhere, only problem ive had in 12 months is one of the back windows dont work.

stu