out with the ferrets and longnets

MEG

went out yesterday with the ferrets to clear a few big sets on the edge off the grouse moor ,the farmer has been complaining about them travelling on to his land,had to put 100yd net out and couple off stop nets ,put 4 ferrets down and the rabbits started bolting ended up with a few.

post-10257-047451800 1287144446_thumb.jpg

Excellent, looks nice easy land to ferret that :notworthy:

lol, how on earth can you tell that from that pic. there could be drains, steep banking, impossible digging ground etc

well done mate, good catch there, you must have been one of the 1st to get aT them, if you had that many out of just a cpl of warrens.. keep up the good work. :thumbs:

lol, how on earth can you tell that from that pic. there could be drains, steep banking, impossible digging ground etc

well done mate, good catch there, you must have been one of the 1st to get aT them, if you had that many out of just a cpl of warrens.. keep up the good work. :thumbs:

Stop being sarcastic, Maybe I should of put "Looks 100 times easier to ferret than my land"

Oh and he has already replied that is is nice and easy so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!! :censored:

Stop being sarcastic, Maybe I should of put "Looks 100 times easier to ferret than my land"

Oh and he has already replied that is is nice and easy so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!! :censored:

Coz he's a nice bloke thats why,lo.... Flat open meadows are easy ferreting mate... there is no way on this earth you can tell that that is easy. And i think, "looks easy" is more sarcastic than "asking you why it looks easy" go on anyway mate, give me your explanation, why it looks easy. Not having a go, just would really like to know... maybe if you put up a pic of your ferreting ground, it would help me understand..

Coz he's a nice bloke thats why,lo.... Flat open meadows are easy ferreting mate... there is no way on this earth you can tell that that is easy. And i think, "looks easy" is more sarcastic than "asking you why it looks easy" go on anyway mate, give me your explanation, why it looks easy. Not having a go, just would really like to know... maybe if you put up a pic of your ferreting ground, it would help me understand..

thanks for all your replies,the land we do is a mixture of moor and grass fields,that particular bit was easy to ferret,we had one dig to 4 foot ,rabbits were bolting easy,it was the first time in a few years it has been worked because we were waiting for permision of the shoot owners,the farmer was pleased because the rabbits have been travelling on to the grass fields twenty yards away,