FEW PICS OF MY DIGGING PARTNERS BITCH

Ye never know what's around corner lads.they re all doing very well but as was told when I starting digging by a man who had been in game for years.

"time enough talkin bout the f@@king dog when it's dead,ye wee fat c€€t"

I didn't know what he meant at time but I sure do now.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turning into a good post this, I agree with you in saying that a bayer that gets stuck in when he's getting pushed is the type to aim/breed for, I used to be of the opinion when I first started that r

Posted Images

WE ALSO HAVE A FEW YOUNG UNS ON THE GROUND AT THE MOMENT FROM THE SAME LINE SO LETS HOPE THINGS KEEP GOING AS WELL AS THEY ARE.

All the dogs in this line are quite slow to mature.Brick,the dog in Hephers avatar is turned into a proper tool this season.he done very well with 21 digs last season but massive difference this year.in fact that's how I ended up with his grandfather as he wasn't showing signs at around a year.Bitches so far are early maturers some out of previous litters where dug at 9 month.Easy to ruin them so we hold well back.Bitches tend to be harder than dogs in general but the dogs can be stiff enough too at times.We don't want or need real hard terriers we want clever working terriers only going for a hold when they have to.If all goes to plan we ll have new pups in our kennels by end of season.

IMO the only people wanting hard dogs are those who have never had them although they have to be admired.

Turning into a good post this, I agree with you in saying that a bayer that gets stuck in when he's getting pushed is the type to aim/breed for, I used to be of the opinion when I first started that rock hard (stupid) dogs that are proper scarred up are the bees knees. But having seen with my owns eyes and dug plenty of game since I've realised that the hard dogs are usually a hindrance more than anything else, they can make a dig more difficult than it could have been with a steadier dog, then there's the kenneling weeks/months after when they are in no fit state to work and the worry of the dreaded 'knock' from the rspca/police etc., during which time the steady dog would have been dug to again and again, give me the steady bayer/mixer anyday...:victory:

• Like 2

Turning into a good post this, I agree with you in saying that a bayer that gets stuck in when he's getting pushed is the type to aim/breed for, I used to be of the opinion when I first started that rock hard (stupid) dogs that are proper scarred up are the bees knees. But having seen with my owns eyes and dug plenty of game since I've realised that the hard dogs are usually a hindrance more than anything else, they can make a dig more difficult than it could have been with a steadier dog, then there's the kenneling weeks/months after when they are in no fit state to work and the worry of the dreaded 'knock' from the rspca/police etc., during which time the steady dog would have been dug to again and again, give me the steady bayer/mixer anyday...:victory:

very good reply that pal

FEW MORE FROM THE SAME LINE, UNFORTUNATELY THE ROUGH COATED BITCH WAS STOLEN FROM MY YARD BACK IN MARCH AGED ONLY 6 MONTHS, THIS PIC WAS TAKEN 2 WEEKS BEFORE SHE WAS STOLEN, THESE 2 ARE LITTER MATES. WE STILL HAVE THE SMOOTH COATED DOG ON THE LEFT 13 MONTHS OLD NOW, THERE ARE ALSO 4 OTHERS FROM THE LITTER IN TRUSTED YARDS.

post-32142-072602000 1288123300_thumb.jpg

[/quote

YOU KNOW THAT WHAT YA HAVE SAID IN YOUR POST THERE IS WHAT WE HAVE, HENC THE REASON THAT A PUP WILL GO ACCROSS TO YOU WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE MO CHARRA. DOGS SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE WORKED EVERY WEEK, THIS BULLSHIT ABOUT DOGS BEING DROPPED IN AND KILLING THEIR GAME I.M.O IS COMPLETE CRAP, DON'T GET ME WRONG THERE ARE DOGS OUT THERE WILL KILL IF THEY GET A THROAT HOLD, BUT WON'T ANY DO THAT IF THEY GET THE SAME HOLD? TOO MANY PPL TO SHOUT ABOUT THEIR DOGS KILING STUFF. RABBIT HUNTER THAT'S NOT A DIG MY FRIEND THAT'S DIRECTED TOWARDS THE FORUM, AS I'VE BEEN SLAGGED OFF ABOUT CRITICISING A POST FROM SOMEONE. I'LL STAND BY MY REMARKS NO MATTER WHAT. 1 METRE IS 1 METRE, NOT 20 INCHES :thumbs:

hats of to you hepher or E...., you have some tidy looking workers between you's and it looks like they get there fair share of work and i hope theres plenty more to come for you's through the season, but just a quick question, how long do you have to be in the terrier game before you can class your self a expert ? atb