Hornady bullets

Has anyone tried the Hornady V max BT 40grn in 223 (Red Tips) Just wanted to know how good they are up against fox's the box said they are about 3400fps just was not to sure on the bullet weight and stopping power compared to my normal 50grn accu tips. The shop who is doing my barrel work for me is selling them at £9 for box of 20. They looked pretty good but you cant always tell without trying and i know every gun is different.If i get some it will be alot as the gunshop is quite a drive for me and i dont want to buy aload of c..p if you no what i mean thanks.

Has anyone tried the Hornady V max BT 40grn in 223 (Red Tips) Just wanted to know how good they are up against fox's the box said they are about 3400fps just was not to sure on the bullet weight and stopping power compared to my normal 50grn accu tips. The shop who is doing my barrel work for me is selling them at £9 for box of 20. They looked pretty good but you cant always tell without trying and i know every gun is different.If i get some it will be alot as the gunshop is quite a drive for me and i dont want to buy aload of c..p if you no what i mean thanks.

Buy a box & try them you tight git :D. seriously now, I use them in my tikka 223 to great effect, Charlie doesn't like em one bit

Thanks for the reply. I would love to try them its just my gun is out of use as im having some modifications done to it and the place thats working on my gun is were the bullets are for sale.Problem is i dont want to buy 100 to find out they dont shoot well in my gun i hope they will as i have a 1 in 12 twist rate. Which ive been told is better for lighter bullets.

Thanks for the reply. I would love to try them its just my gun is out of use as im having some modifications done to it and the place thats working on my gun is were the bullets are for sale.Problem is i dont want to buy 100 to find out they dont shoot well in my gun i hope they will as i have a 1 in 12 twist rate. Which ive been told is better for lighter bullets.

yes try them mate. i thnik there go well. if they do then go snap them up for that price. £9 for 20 is very good for factory ammo

i use them all the time and i reload with the V-max they are good and as said charlie hates them 3,400fps depends on your barrel length i have chronoed mine with 26grns 4895 through a 21" barrel and am getting around the the 3,650 mark but yes they are very good.

forgot to mention at 9 quid a box i wish i lived down there box of 20 up in Cambridgeshire is 24 quid box of 20 so if you want to buy a load i will buy them from you at a profit to you will give you 15 quid a box. ;););)

paul

Edited by trooperman

Sounds like they are worth getting so ive saved 100 at the shop which i will get when i collect my rifle. Ive been told they are going upto £12 a box very soon so i hope the price stays the same for me. Just seems like forever and its only been 2 weeks since i dropped the gun off and im waiting for my fac to come back so i can get my new moderator put on the shortened barrel. Then its re zero time and look out foxy and maybe the odd bunny.

Don't know about the 40grn? but I reload loads of 55grn V max in my 22.250 and 110gr V max in my .270 (270 Foxing, mmm overkill, but dramatic to say the least).

V max are very, very, good bullets,and I like the boatail format as it makes them easy to insert into the brass, I also use Nosler boatails in both calibres

and they are equally as good.

I had a .223 many years ago, nice it was to, I might try another when I get fed up with the '250, maybe on of those Remington VSSF's?

AF