Lost peregrine

neil r

I only saw the lad for 5 minutes last night but i think it was thursday . The transmitter was working on the day , they were tracking it when it suddenly stopped transmitting . The system he uses is a marshall one so it wont have gone out of range in the time they were tracking it .

did he have a signal and then just went because when i used marshall years ago i lost a falcon that way and when i looked into they some one told if the bird had landed near to a telegraph pole it would trun it of dont know if thats true or not its just what i got told

did he have a signal and then just went because when i used marshall years ago i lost a falcon that way and when i looked into they some one told if the bird had landed near to a telegraph pole it would trun it of dont know if thats true or not its just what i got told

Yes , they were following it and the signal just stopped. Thats no good if they switch off like that .

My mates lost a male peregrine in the accrington area after the transmitter failed . If anyone in the area comes across one can you pm me please and ill let him know

Not sure where Accrington is, but there is a thread on a falconry forum saying large bird been seen being mobed by crows in Cumbria, but thats all it says!

Carol