Lithium Ion Batteries

DDD

Hi Folks,

I thought I'd share this with you all & hopefully it will help someone out.

I bought a Deben Lithium-ion battery from Ian Hodge Fieldsports - 12V 14Ah battery. Ordered it on Tuesday afternoon & arrived Wednesday - spot on.

I opened the packet up ready to see what I bought - cracking piece of kit by the looks of it.

I was shocked to read the leaflet that says it would take 10-16 hours to charge - WTF!! (obviously only from new) doh.gif

I took it out for a spin last night - was out about 4 hours on the rabbit using a Lazerlite & I must say it was absolutely spot on, fits right in the pocket of my coat & I didn't even know that I was carrying it. Excellent change compared to the massive battery I was lugging about.

Throughout the 4 hours it performed really well, no dimness or lack of performance.

Put it on charge today expecting it would take ages to charge up, took a massive 20 mins to charge, job done.

The only downside to the kit is the pouch - it's a nightmare to get the cable through the hole & plugged into the battery.

I can highly recommend these, if you are really into your lamping then I would get one, it's worth the extra dosh.

Absolutely spot on.

P.S. I have no affiliation to Ian Hodge Fieldsports or Deben, I also don't sell these eitherno.gif

Hi Folks,

I bought a Deben Lithium-ion battery from Ian Hodge Fieldsports - 12V 14Ah battery. Ordered it on Tuesday afternoon & arrived Wednesday - spot on.

I opened the packet up ready to see what I bought - cracking piece of kit by the looks of it.

I was shocked to read the leaflet that says it would take 10-16 hours to charge - WTF!! (obviously only from new) doh.gif

I took it out for a spin last night - was out about 4 hours on the rabbit using a Lazerlite & I must say it was absolutely spot on, fits right in the pocket of my coat & I didn't even know that I was carrying it. Excellent change compared to the massive battery I was lugging about.

Throughout the 4 hours it performed really well, no dimness or lack of performance.

Put it on charge today expecting it would take ages to charge up, took a massive 20 mins to charge, job done.

The only downside to the kit is the pouch - it's a nightmare to get the cable through the hole & plugged into the battery.

I can highly recommend these, if you are really into your lamping then I would get one, it's worth the extra dosh.

Absolutely spot on.

P.S. I have no affiliation to Ian Hodge Fieldsports or Deben, I also don't sell these eitherno.gif

Thanks for that mate.Buying a new battery may give that one a try.:thumbs:

Hi Folks,

Absolutely spot on.

Thanks for that mate.Buying a new battery may give that one a try.:thumbs:

Defo the way forward some difference in the weight money well spent :thumbs:

Honestly folks, the 14Ah battery only weighs in at 950gicon_eek.gif

To give you a comparison - take a Logun 6V battery, add your mobile phone & that's it!!

No more batteries hanging off your neck tiring you out.

Check with Ian Hodge - they were doing them for £139 not sure if they have any left though.

Dave

Honestly folks, the 14Ah battery only weighs in at 950gicon_eek.gif

To give you a comparison - take a Logun 6V battery, add your mobile phone & that's it!!

No more batteries hanging off your neck tiring you out.

Check with Ian Hodge - they were doing them for £139 not sure if they have any left though.

Dave

:thumbs:

yep me to went and got one ,, in the past have had car battery,motor bike battery,alarm batterytc,e this is the dogs nuts, light ,easy to carry, performs very well,takes when 1st use 10-16hours to charge,but once used 20mins to charge to full strength agian, the cable is bit hard to plug in but think will get easier in time ,,,price 139.00 but well worth the money ,,,

Hi Folks,

Absolutely spot on.

Cheers DDD.Got that new battery.Couldent get Hodge.phoned Authur Carter.Got the 22ah.Cheers Catcher.:thumbs:

Hi Folks,

Absolutely spot on.

Cheers DDD.Got that new battery.Couldent get Hodge.phoned Authur Carter.Got the 22ah.Cheers Catcher.:thumbs:

Phone yesterday at 11.45.Arrived today at 11.20.Now thats service.Well done AC.:notworthy:

ianb selling the newer verrsion, mate bought 1 fae ianhodge last week an i bought mone off ianb

mine has got the wee meter to show much juice left in battery, ianhodge 1 hasnt :thumbs:

Yes Dotty.It has a fuel gauge push botton on the left side.At the top.:thumbs:

Edited by Catcher 1

ianb selling the newer verrsion, mate bought 1 fae ianhodge last week an i bought mone off ianb

mine has got the wee meter to show much juice left in battery, ianhodge 1 hasnt :thumbs:

thats the 1, tho my mates from ianhodge aint got that, same battery in every other way tho, take it was the previous model :thumbs:

thats the 1, tho my mates from ianhodge aint got that, same battery in every other way tho, take it was the previous model :thumbs:

First time i got one .Dident know it had a gauge until you asked.:icon_redface:

link