bull n terrier

i haven't been to a terrier show for a long time don't buy magazines so I'm a bit out of touch, a young lad that digs with us is mad on these smooth bull terrier type fells,mini staff his looks like, to top it off its not even bred the way he was told :thumbdown: , and now i read quotes on pit bull breeding aimed at earthdog breeding :wallbash: and people using a stud dog "billy" that will only do twenty minutes :blink: ! is it a chav thing creeping into the game,has the world gone bull-terrier mad ?

i haven't been to a terrier show for a long time don't buy magazines so I'm a bit out of touch, a young lad that digs with us is mad on these smooth bull terrier type fells,mini staff his looks like, to top it off its not even bred the way he was told :thumbdown: , and now i read quotes on pit bull breeding aimed at earthdog breeding :wallbash: and people using a stud dog "billy" that will only do twenty minutes :blink: ! is it a chav thing creeping into the game,has the world gone bull-terrier mad ?

Like u i dont do shows i have had terriers 37 yearsan now keep sum old hard fell type i also hav a patt bull cross shown good promise

he is bred of a full staff two a 3quather pattbull both proven hard workers

did you get that from other posts or have you seen billy work or jack yourself ?

has the world gone bull-terrier mad ?

No, just the internet hunting generation IMO. They come across a site like this and think working a dog boils down to setting a powerful dog on the quarry just to kill it outright...

did you get that from other posts or have you seen billy work or jack yourself ?

the last week I've phoned round a few people i know trying to find out about the breeding of a friends bitch, in conversations they have confirmed what has been said on here,the dog has been pasted around on trial,and pasted back the dog looks like he's done the business but its because it goes in fights like hell then walks off, so at least the dog looks the part, but why would anyone use a dog like this for stud unless its for looks? has anyone seen this dog work and able to contradict what I've been told,someone who's used the dog on a bitch?

i do hope your pup makes the grade

Fact is nearly everyline of working terriers going back in them has bull blood added in..for either size etc.. you are true in saying that there is an awful lot of terriers now days which just look like staffs but personally i love bull blood in terriers but only proven/tested blood..not any bull off the side of the road..as you know moddey-dhoo some of the best lines of terriers from ireland have a high percentage of bull in them

yes a drop of the the hard stuff from tested lines is needed now and then...but tested

the last week I've phoned round a few people i know trying to find out about the breeding of a friends bitch, in conversations they have confirmed what has been said on here,the dog has been pasted around on trial,and pasted back the dog looks like he's done the business but its because it goes in fights like hell then walks off, so at least the dog looks the part, but why would anyone use a dog like this for stud unless its for looks? has anyone seen this dog work and able to contradict what I've been told,someone who's used the dog on a bitch?

ive herd good and bad reports of the dog but i didnt breed my pup i bought it sometimes you can only go on what you hear........but for me to use a stud dog i would like to see it work myself..thumbs.gif and to crab a mans dog i would have to see it fail myself or told by a trusted freind because ther is a lot of gelousey in the dog game a.t.b brog

ive herd good and bad reports of the dog but i didnt breed my pup i bought it sometimes you can only go on what you hear........but for me to use a stud dog i would like to see it work myself..thumbs.gif and to crab a mans dog i would have to see it fail myself or told by a trusted freind because ther is a lot of gelousey in the dog game a.t.b brog

the people i've talked to have no reason to lie

did the person you bought your pup off see the dog work?

niether have the people ive spoke to if you want s.e number i will pm it to you and maybe we could get together and see him work first hand if hes not past it thumbs.gif and i dont no if the feller i got my pup off see him work but i am happy with my pup and ive seen other dogs from billy work first hand and liked what i saw thumbs.gif

niether have the people ive spoke to if you want s.e number i will pm it to you and maybe we could get together and see him work first hand if hes not past it thumbs.gif and i dont no if the feller i got my pup off see him work but i am happy with my pup and ive seen other dogs from billy work first hand and liked what i saw thumbs.gif

cheers please send it if nothing else my young mate my wish to chat with him, as he has another pup booked

i still find it strange that a well known stud, has been not been viewed working by those who are fans of the blood, and i'm show there are a few good workers off him, but should a dog of dubious ability be used, and are people using him because he looks bully and does anyone have a pic of the dog ?

Edited by moddey-dhoo

I dont see the point at all of crossing bulls into terriers for working ability,maybe if a line had got to close and was producing weak spindly terriers with poor heads and jaw maybe,but i would never put bull blood into to improve working ability,theres nothing they can do that a pure bred working terrier to working terrier cant do,ive also found them over hard and try to fight quarry instead of working it,i have seen and worked bull blooded terriers and dint bother with them very long they were slow starters and permanently in sick bay which is not what i want i guess there is some good ones out there with blokes that breed them right and use the right type but there not for me and never will be thats only my opinion and mine alone i am sure some folks swear by them and love them its each to our own if an earth dog and line works its works no matter what its got in it

regards hedz

cheers please send it if nothing else my young mate my wish to chat with him, as he has another pup booked

i still find it strange that a well known stud, has been not been viewed working by those who are fans of the blood, and i'm show there are a few good workers off him, but should a dog of dubious ability be used, and are people using him because he looks bully and does anyone have a pic of the dog ?

no probs i will speak to steve and make sure its ok thumbs.gif and i wouldnt use a dubiouse stud no mater about looks....and in my opinion its down to the dog itself and not the make up ive seen very strong bully dogs that mainly bay and then ive seen tiny little lakelands that dont no how to bay and need a lot of time off.........what dogs do you own yourself i wouldnt mind seeing a few pics a.t.b

when i have pups about the place i'll put some pic's up, the adults are not for public veiwing,there mixed race lol

anyway best of luck with your terrier, hope he works out for you

..pm them if you like theres a few on here that can voutch for me thumbs.gif a.t.b brog

I dont see the point at all of crossing bulls into terriers for working ability,maybe if a line had got to close and was producing weak spindly terriers with poor heads and jaw maybe,but i would never put bull blood into to improve working ability,theres nothing they can do that a pure bred working terrier to working terrier cant do,ive also found them over hard and try to fight quarry instead of working it,i have seen and worked bull blooded terriers and dint bother with them very long they were slow starters and permanently in sick bay which is not what i want i guess there is some good ones out there with blokes that breed them right and use the right type but there not for me and never will be thats only my opinion and mine alone i am sure some folks swear by them and love them its each to our own if an earth dog and line works its works no matter what its got in it

regards hedz

thumbs.gif

I don't see the current fascination with throwing bull terrier blood into everything. :no: The original bull and terriers were bred to have the size and power from the bulldog united with the tenacity, and the fight to the end spirit of the terrier.. The right sort of non bull blooded terriers still have the have the fight, I can't see how you're going to gain anything more from the BT blood, other than size... :no: More importantly you could end up loosing some of the advantages the terrier already has over the BT.. :yes:

JMO.