ford transit connect

After the recent demise of my astra van I'm looking to get a ford transit connect. Something a bit bigger but not too big.

I am after information about them, main factor is RELIABILITY. In fact it wants to be bombproof.

Been offered a 54 plate with 100k miles for £2k. Which is a fair price.

Also first hand experience with any scare stories about them.

I just want a cheap run about that will be completely dependable.

Cheers.

FTB

After the recent demise of my astra van I'm looking to get a ford transit connect. Something a bit bigger but not too big.

I am after information about them, main factor is RELIABILITY. In fact it wants to be bombproof.

Been offered a 54 plate with 100k miles for £2k. Which is a fair price.

Also first hand experience with any scare stories about them.

Cheers.

FTB

Who doesn't mate lol. If they existed, no c**t would buy new.

Lol.

Any constructive advice though ?

Cheers

Hmmmmmmmm I tried to give you advice about your astra to make you feel better and look where that got us lol. I don't know when the connect came out but make sure you don't buy the first ones.... i.e if they came out in 2003, don't buy an 03, 53 etc. Mostly teething problems when they first come out. Apart from that, fords are generally cheap and reliable but then again, so is Vauxhall :whistling: Don't you know anyone with a bit of knowledge you could bung a couple of quid who will go with you and check it out?

Aye. The lad who has found it for me is handy. Was just wondering if there were any common faults I should be aware of. (Ie astra fuel pump ay 120k).

The van seems sound enough and I will have him look over it before hand. Be usefull for if people who have owned one would comment.

Thanks again.

FTB

If i remember right the timing belt service on them vans is 100k so although 2 grand seems cheap if the belts not been done your looking at another 2/300 quid pretty soon,and 100k is a lot of miles for a flimsy piece of rubber !

Good little vans though my lad swears by them and gets a new one every few years.

Had the clutch go on mine was about 80k. Stay away from the Petrol/LPG ones they're shite. Gearboxes on the old transits are pretty crap too not sure if they make em any better these days. Check for any crunching of the synchromesh especially as you slide it into 3rd

Otherwise very good, versatile van

HTH

get an old transit mate parts are cheap as f**k and so easy to find they are everywhere!!!! connects are good little vans just the exspense of fixing them if something goes wrong puts me of plus they dont tip lol :thumbs: