countrymans weekly ,same photos all time

i stopped buying countrymans weekly years ago all though i still have flick through it now and then like this morning in newsagents is it me or have they been using same pics for last 10 yrs is any of them actually owned and worked by writers?. surely the paper must have photography man that takes show winner pics for them that could accompany writer while out and take relevant pics for article or is there some legal publishing problem to stop that happening

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you write for the CMW? Just from your ramblings you seem to fit the stereotype of writers they use? Just curious

The stories get edited and summarized to become very PC. It's not easy to get your true account of events across. It's very frustrating.   Well said Skycat.  

i have been out with penny before and plan to a few times this year, she has been a sound reference to go to on all matters conserning dogs. you have to realise that the law has changed and if you lik

Written by idiots it seems. Read an article recently where some lads were going ferreting on some new land, that they knew had plenty of rabbits. They knew there were a lot of rabbits because the farmer had shot 2000 last season. When they went they were surprised that there weren't so many rabbits about.

I don't agree with Whin about this. In the early days of the "Shooting News" there were far more articles for the dog and ferret crowd. "Pesters Pen", "Lloyd on lurchers" :thumbs: ,"The Warrener","Dargi" etc. and of course Brian Plummer had a few articles in there. Whether or not you agreed with peoples opinions it was always interesting to hear them. One of my favourites of all time was Phil Lloyds discussion with "PC Alec Brown" about travellers. Anyone remember that?

I don't buy it these days as there're only ever two or at most three articles I'd even read and Penny's are usually the only good ones.

Edited by Maximus Ferret

I don't agree with Whin about this. In the early days of the "Shooting News" there were far more articles for the dog and ferret crowd. "Pesters Pen", "Lloyd on lurchers" :thumbs: ,"The Warrener","Dargi" etc. and of course Brian Plummer had a few articles in there. Whether or not you agreed with peoples opinions it was always interesting to hear them. One of my favourites of all time was Phil Lloyds discussion with "PC Alec Brown" about travellers. Anyone remember that?

I don't buy it these days as there're only ever two or at most three articles I'd even read and Penny's are usually the only good ones.

I was being sarcastic about Penny taylor.

I want to read about hard run match dogs, grafting terreirs, and storys from fellas who lamp heaps of rabbits a good few nights a week. not someone who " Dont like to hear that" when a terreir and a fox are mixing it below. as i was told by a fella who went out with her once.

Not bought the CMW for years, absolute garbage with articles written by folk who seem superior & more knowledgeable to the rest of us. It has one use though, & that is to allow people to peddle their pups for KC prices. I don't even buy the EDRD these days as it has gone down hill, it got to the point where I only enjoyed reading Dave Harcombes articles & possibly one or two others. I also believe it was starting to contain far too many american articles JMO :thumbs: