daystate rangemaster 177 pellets

Aye

Ah was talkin pish mate,, it`s POWAPELL that I meant,,recovering nightshift worker! :wallbash:

Head size? not sure what you mean. (4.5mm or standard 177) Not aware of different headsizes with them. £9.20 a tin of 500 7.9 grain

Never used the field target pellets so cant give an opinion on them. sorry.

Used to be a big fan of RWS supadome but these seem to be less poular these days.

ATB

KILLING POWER?

WTF is Killing Power?

If the "killing power" is crap with one type of pellet in your gun, then its gonna be the same with any pellet in your gun, because its the gun that propels the lead forward and its a combination of the feet per second (that the pellet is travelling at) and the weight of the pellet and the distance to target that creates the (what I assume is what you are calling the) "Killing Power"

So if your gun is running at 11ft/lbs with the Daystate FT Select at 8.44grains and the distance to your target was 35 yards the Kinetic Energy would be 7.251 ft/lbs at the target.

This is far more energy than is needed to kill most airgun quarry if you kit it in the killzones :yes:

Now using the Rangemaster at 8.5grains delivers 7.338 ft/lbs at the target. Trust me that 0.087 ft/lbs is not going to make the slightest difference :no:

May I ask where you are hitting the Quarry? and at what Range you are shooting at?

Phantom

Range masters are the bomb in my .22 but every rifle is different so they may be shiit in another of the same model :thumbs:

I agree, but what got me is this guy is saying his 'pellets' killing power is crap and we all know that a decent well placed shot will kill a bunny with less than 4ft/lbs of energy :yes:

Come to think of it, I've hit a bunny in the noggin with less than 2 ft/lbs KE and its an outright kill :yes: with a pistol at PBR!

To me it seems like this guy is paying no attention to Kill Zones. He hopes that a sub12 .177 will have the same effect as a Hypersonic 17HMR!

Phantom

hi thanks for the reply. all im saying is ive hit loads of rabbits in the head with the daystate ft and lot of them just flip and run away. ive just had my air ranger 177 fully serviced from daystate and i had it back with a crono certificate and the gun was averaging 11.8 ftp so theres nothing wrong with the gun. before i was useing wehruach ft pellets in it and they were killing rabbits clean out, they seem alot harder pellet but the accuracy wasent good, that why i changed to daystate brand. what other pellet is out there thats like the weihrach but better accuracy, thats why i want some reviews on the rangemaster.

cheers

Range masters are the bomb in my .22 but every rifle is different so they may be shiit in another of the same model :thumbs:

I agree, but what got me is this guy is saying his 'pellets' killing power is crap and we all know that a decent well placed shot will kill a bunny with less than 4ft/lbs of energy :yes:

Come to think of it, I've hit a bunny in the noggin with less than 2 ft/lbs KE and its an outright kill :yes: with a pistol at PBR!

To me it seems like this guy is paying no attention to Kill Zones. He hopes that a sub12 .177 will have the same effect as a Hypersonic 17HMR!

Phantom

Not to be funny gareth but phatom has the nail on the head there mate. There is no substitute for shot placement with an air rifle, practice mate :thumbs: What I found with the daystates is the trajectory is a lot flatter and longer and the retained Kinetic Energy is very high, but they do tend dissapate that energy badly from close up shots (my gun is on 11.6 in .22) I found that the best close up shot has to be the heart and lungs. On the head shots they do tend to ask for the dog to find and pick them up but only sub 10 yards I think it's something to do with a clean exit by the pellet and not transfering that fatal energy into the brain or maybe the pellets are built so strong that they retain shape whilst they still have velocity on their side.

ATB Shroom

PS never had the close range problem with the usual lead buffet I serve :laugh: (accupells)