Stroll with the lamp

Popped over to Foxdroppers the other day for a look around for a buck and then have a stroll with the lamp. After battling through nightmare M4 traffic there was just enough light to get in a lay up place in time with hope of catching a buck wandering. There were a few does milling about with twins at foot so getting about without bumping them took a little time. Just got compfy when I heard FD having a squeel from the other side of the hedge... this was followed shortly by a whistle and then a CRACK as his .222 spoke - Does bouncing everywhere and a vixen in the bag :thumbs:

Over to another permission it was time for the lamp and spotted a fox with the frst flick of the lamp... he was coming nicely when the wind must have shifted at around 130 meters started to get flighty - brimming with confidance I was on the sticks promptly missed calling the shot an inch or so high and a little to the right. FD helpfully suggested that at that range and wind there was no need to aim off... :feck:

A few fields later two pairs of eyes flashed from the corner of a field and came charging to the call - we paced quickly to and area of raised ground keeping the beam at the lead fox's feet and I got on the bipod. I dropped the 1st at around 50 meters - the second tore off but, for one reason and another, the shot didn't present itself :laugh:

Still - a big, heavy dog fox who'd seen a few summers from the number of teeth in his head.

post-4425-017458300 1284413443_thumb.jpg

post-4425-088421500 1284413456_thumb.jpg

Thanks again mate :victory: Get the pic of your fox on here if you get a change as it was near pitch black by the time I saw it!

Edited by Local

Well done Buddy,you're dry patch has officially ended now,that is two in three shots,keep at it 'L'

Martin.. :boogie:

I'm a professional don't you know :laugh:

That .222 did some damage. More like he was hit with a .243 or something

That was chest on with the .223 mate - 40 grain federal's... SPLAT ;)

Edited by Local