Ladder traps

Morning, does anybody have any ladder trap designs? and advise on how to use them? i have alot of rooks and jackdaws about where i work as a bird controller, and some need to go, shoting doesnt make much of an impact on their numbers either? any advise would be greatly apprecciated,

cheers

oli :thumbs:

if you want to make a sectional one and move it as and where its needed, the ladder types are the best, but id put skirts of rabbit wire inside on either side of the entry part, just means less chance of escappees espetially with jackies, although the sides tend to snap with snow weighing down the wire if permanent.

for a permanent cage id make a flat roof with a square of rylock as entry its cheap and easy to fix if it gets broke, plus not so many escapes and plenty catches.

Some interesting posts on these traps, try this link - lots of pictures of various ladder traps in operation :thumbs:

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/topic/14348-ladder-trap/page__hl__ladder

Personally I would go for a sectional screw together type rather than a solid one piece trap. It makes moving and storing it when not in use a lot easier. I'd also considered a ladder with a couple of ground funnels, possibly the best of both worlds :hmm: