12hr hunt with the kings of swindon

hunter1989

Sounds like yaw'l had a load of fun :gunsmilie:

SPA for the enthusiastic write up :gunsmilie:

Took me a while to figure out what you meant by minxs though :doh: I looked it up on Google and there are some interesting results shown when you turn off the "Safe Search" filter :angel:

Then I realized (on a suggestion from google) that you meant Minks :yes: You should have shot the bugger :thumbs:

Phantom

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi hunters   last night i went over to davy63 permission in swindon,and had a 12hr shoot with him and also alex and charlie. first was first and alex needed to test his scopes to make sure they wer

hi pal   not being rude,but matt-hooks has his own choice of hunting quarry,i thought it was good to she him working the warrens, i put this tread up just to say how good mine,davy,charlie and alex

hi guys,sorry.i got a bee in my bonnet.ive calmd down now,but it woz great to watch.everyone sees things through thier own eyes.sorry phantom and matt. regards charlie

hi phanton,how are you buddy.why shoot a mink?it woz going about its own buisness,'hunting.i sat and watched it for 20 mins,and it woz a joy to watch it working the warren.ime not a trophy hunter like some hunters,enjoy what you see,not many people get that opportunity to see that.its not all about killing what you see.regards charlie. :thumbdown:

I'm afraid mink are one of the few animals that are "shoot on sight". They're a non-native species, and they do untold damage to native species such as shrews, certain species of mice and all sorts of aquatic creatures. They are nasty little beasts, who will kill for the sake of killing rather than just taking what they need to survive! If you'd said stoat/weasel/polecat/pine marten then I'd agree, but mink are a dangerous, invasive pest! They are on a par with rats in my book, no matter how good they look.

Davey, I know mate, and I promise I will make the effort in the next few weeks. Been a busy few months here, what with moving house and all. Hopefully I'll be able to host a few lads on the ground here sometime soon though!

I'm afraid mink are one of the few animals that are "shoot on sight". They're a non-native species, and they do untold damage to native species such as shrews, certain species of mice and all sorts of aquatic creatures. They are nasty little beasts, who will kill for the sake of killing rather than just taking what they need to survive! If you'd said stoat/weasel/polecat/pine marten then I'd agree, but mink are a dangerous, invasive pest! They are on a par with rats in my book, no matter how good they look.

Davey, I know mate, and I promise I will make the effort in the next few weeks. Been a busy few months here, what with moving house and all. Hopefully I'll be able to host a few lads on the ground here sometime soon though!

hi mat,have you ever seen a mink out hunting for real.[i think not]are u a trophy hunter

.plenty of rabbits for everyone mate.would u shoot a fox,cuz it walked in yor range.?or cuz its on the list.regards chaz.happy trophy hunting mat.bye the way,a pine martin is a kid in a sweet shop mate.will kill for fun.so dont put one against the other.

hi mat,have you ever seen a mink out hunting for real.[i think not]are u a trophy hunter

.plenty of rabbits for everyone mate.would u shoot a fox,cuz it walked in yor range.?or cuz its on the list.regards chaz.happy trophy hunting mat.bye the way,a pine martin is a kid in a sweet shop mate.will kill for fun.so dont put one against the other.

hi pal

not being rude,but matt-hooks has his own choice of hunting quarry,i thought it was good to she him working the warrens,

i put this tread up just to say how good mine,davy,charlie and alex night was not to start a debate over a minks,

if matt was to shoot it then thats down to him he dont need to be a trophy hunter just cuz he shoot a minks.

all the best steve

• Like 1

.plenty of rabbits for everyone mate.would u shoot a fox,cuz it walked in yor range.?or cuz its on the list.regards chaz.happy trophy hunting mat.

hi pal

not being rude,but matt-hooks has his own choice of hunting quarry,i thought it was good to she him working the warrens,

i put this tread up just to say how good mine,davy,charlie and alex night was not to start a debate over a minks,

if matt was to shoot it then thats down to him he dont need to be a trophy hunter just cuz he shoot a minks.

all the best steve

hi phanton,how are you buddy.why shoot a mink?it woz going about its own buisness,'hunting.i sat and watched it for 20 mins,and it woz a joy to watch it working the warren.ime not a trophy hunter like some hunters,enjoy what you see,not many people get that opportunity to see that.its not all about killing what you see.regards charlie. :thumbdown:

Hey Chaz :gunsmilie:

I totally agree with you when you say it's not all about the killing :yes:

To me its mostly about "Me time", being alone or even with someone else, getting away from the grind and crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. I can sit in the paddock or the cemetery for hours and not even point the gun at anything other than to get a better view of the local wildlife.

But when it comes to the Mink, yes they are lovely creatures but I would just as happily shoot them as I would a grey tree rat also lovely creatures IMHO.

Some tw@t let a load of Mink free round here a few years back, totally devastated my favourite fishing ponds :thumbdown:

Fished nicely one day, went back a few days later, the place stank to high heaven, rotting fish everywhere, big and small alike.

This was way before I got back into shooting. The guy that ran the ponds couldn't afford to restock and it still has not recovered properly.

I have to admit, I am a "Trophy Hunter" but only First, Second or Third in either metal or resin will do for me :angel::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Take care bud :thumbs:

Phantom

Hey Chaz :gunsmilie:

I totally agree with you when you say it's not all about the killing :yes:

To me its mostly about "Me time", being alone or even with someone else, getting away from the grind and crap I have to deal with on a daily basis. I can sit in the paddock or the cemetery for hours and not even point the gun at anything other than to get a better view of the local wild

But when it comes to the Mink, yes they are lovely creatures but I would just as happily shoot them as I would a grey tree rat also lovely creatures

Some tw@t let a load of Mink free round here a few years back, totally devastated my favourite fishing ponds :thumbdown:

Fished nicely one day, went back a few days later, the place stank to high heaven, rotting fish everywhere, big and small alike.

This was way before I got back into shooting. The guy that ran the ponds couldn't afford to restock and it still has not recovered properly.

I have to admit, I am a "Trophy Hunter" but only First, Second or Third in either metal or resin will do for me :angel::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Take care bud :thumbs:

Phantom